Chapter 12

"Come again?" Y/n wasn't playing dumb, she think she misheard what Douma just said.

Douma gives her a sweet smile, he hit her head lightly with his fan. "I said I want you to tell Demon Slayer Corps to investigate Natagumo Mountain, dummy. Send some hashira if you have to." He suggest.

His request make her frowned but Douma won't stop until she agree to fulfill his request. "Aren't we agree to not dragging both of our side?" She said.

"Who said that?"

"You indirectly initiate that, for safety reason."

"Eeh?? I know I have a poor ability to remember about something but I only suggest to not talk about both of our lord." He defend himself. "Come on Y/n, I only try to save you."

His rainbow eyes demand her to fall to his words but she cant easily agree with him. "You said there will be no lies between us." Douma nodded as answer. "Then tell me the entire story. I assume you have an internal conflict with your comrade."

"Y/n is so smart! My darling human friend never cease to amaze me." He chirped, forcefully pull her into a hug where he freaked her out. He ignore the fact that he make her heart beating rapidly. "Its not like Muzan sama forbid any internal conflict, in fact he didn't care about trivial things like that. As long as we assign a blood battle, there will be no problem if we kill each other."

"So why don't you just beat whoever messing with you?"

"I can't Y/n, he's not in the same level as me. Killing him right now with my own hand wont even entertain me." he pouted, "Even if he try to track you down, I still have some face to save before doing that. I'm so confuse."

Y/n frowned, sure she heard Douma mention about him trying to mislead his comrades but until now he have been hiding the fact that one of his comrade getting close to hunt her down. "Are you hiding something, Douma?"

"Uh.. Its not like I'm hiding anything but have I told you that one of us have a lead about your whereabouts? He mentioned the plan to ambush every place called Wisteria House too." He cringed, "Don't give me that look, Y/n. Even if there's only a thin line between the truth and lie, I assure you that I only want to protect you with my way." He said when she glared at him.

'Then again why am I trying so hard?' he asked himself.

Douma didn't listen to what she said next, his eyes set to the water streaming down the river. He try to give himself some sense. Is she really worth the price for sharing the information about one of The Lower Moon? He sure his desire for befriend with her is nothing more than just a momentary feeling.

What attract him to her is just her ability to peek the future, he positive with this.

His lips formed another smile, 'Better enjoy it while it last.' He think.

He turned to her side and cut whatever she's being trying to tell, "Listen Y/n, I wont force you but you better think what's good to do, I cant getting involved more than this and I'm not planning to getting caught associated with you."

Douma well aware that Y/n is too reluctant to lure The Demon Slayers to Natagumo Mountain, she probably having a glimpse of whatever that will happening inside the mountain. Judging from her gesture, he can safely assume that his plan to keep her only for him to know going according to his will. All he have to do now is indirectly giving a little fuel to her without her consent.

"Y/n, my darling friend." He cupped her face. He fight the urge to crush her skull when she looks intimidating with her eyes shot him back. "Its their job isn't it? And if they're lucky enough, they will have a good catch there." He moved to whisper something to her ear. He carefully tilted her face to the opposite side, carefully refrain himself for getting too excited so he's not breaking her neck. "They probably welcomed by The Lower Moon Five."

---

As much as she wants to save herself, asking Oyakata sama to send investigate party to Natagumo Mountain is another story. Even if Douma said that eventually it will give an advantage to Demon Slayers Corps, she can just ask Oyakata sama to send them to the hell gate. Not when she come up with the plan.

She's smart enough to use her vision as the base to ask Oyakata sama to send some team to the mountain. During the time they're begin to investigate, Y/n stay alert and trying to focus. Trying to see what she saw earlier.

Even though she know that the survivor number start to decrease, she's agree with Oyakata sama when he decide to send a reinforcement from the nearest party to the mountain. She already know how the event will turn if Oyakata sama didn't send some hashira immediately. So right after the reinforcement team arrive, she talk to The Ubuyashiki Leader.

"Oyakata sama." She called, "I think we need to send Hashira to Natagumo Mountain."

"Is the situation that bad?"

She nodded, "Its not an investigation mission anymore. Its a hunting mission, a Lower Moon lair there."