Chapter 1

Wisteria House,
Is a house with wisteria family crest engraved in front of the gate.
The residence almost looks like a small inn who has several room and the family of this residence was once rescued by demon slayers. As a gratitude for their heroic act, the family offer a service for every demon slayer that need a place to rest or treat their injuries. With no expenses.

Y/n’s grandma is one of the host of the wisteria house. Her parents is a priest and one day they were attacked by a demons who turns them into a blood thirsty being who try to eat their only daughter, the next heir of the priestess, an eleven years old Y/n.

She chased by her used to be parents and she runaway from the temple to the forest in the middle of light snow storm. She almost passed out from the cold but then she meet Sakonji Urokodaki, the Water Hashira at that time.
Sakonji enveloped the poor girl with his haori and deal with the demons. 

She’s in the utter shocked and all she can do now is clinging to Sakonji’s back and silently crying until they reach Ubuyashiki Mansion.
That was his last mission before he retired and decide to be a cultivator swordsmen.
Sakonji intended to adopt her as his another child, to be a little sister of Sabito and Giyuu which he adopted first but he needs to restrain himself because according to Oyakata Sama, she still has a relative who incharge as a host in one of Wisteria House and she will live there while keep studying as a priestess.

The next years after that, if Sakonji does have time, he bring Sabito and Giyuu to meet her and sleep over there so three of them having a time to be an actual kids around their age.

“I heard you are going to enter The Final Selection next week.” Y/n asked the boys who sit beside her. Today is one of the nights where Sakonji rest his children from their normal routine and for Y/n to relax from her priestess’s assistant training for a moment.

“Yes, before we know it, time pass so fast.” Sabito said, the boy look at the sky. “Our time finally come Giyuu kun.”

Giyuu lie on the floor with his hand prop up his head, adoring a beautiful sky like Sabito, “I hope we can pass the selection. All of the participants. No one dies.” Y/n look at him with a sad look and stroking his forehead. “Whats that for?” He frowned but then look concern to her.

“Nothing.” She smiled, “Just don’t push yourself too hard, same goes to you Sabito kun.” Sabito nodded, she just cant say that she has a vision, a blurred one about the event that will happened next week. She doesn’t want to ruin the mood and who knows her vision is just because she was too worried about them.

Later in the middle of the night, Giyuu sneaked out and knock to Y/n’s room, the young girl is apparently still awake so Giyuu doesn’t have to wake her up. Once the door slide open, he quickly enter the room. “You’re not sleeping yet?” He asked in low tone.

“I knew you will come in, so I wait you up.” She said and proceed to sit next in front of him, Giyuu looks hesitated but she know what he came for, but she’ll just wait until Giyuu speak for himself.

Sighed in defeat since his friend probably seal her mouth, he decide to ask her. “About what you said before, did you just... having a vision?”

“No.”

Giyuu give a sceptic look, he thinks that Y/n might be hiding things so he just sit there, looking through her eyes. He knows that she cant bare having an eye contact too long so she averted her gaze for a moment and nodded. “I’m not asking you about the results, I want to know if everybody is safe or not.”

“Its blurry. I cant see well, it just like all of you in the middle of the thick fog. That’s why I told you to be careful.” She started, “...and no matter what, in some circumstance you need to think about your own safety first, not the others.”

“Huh?”

“This is the first time my vision being blocked like this, maybe because this is The Final Selection but I don’t know exactly about that.” She suddenly smiled, “But one thing for sure, looks like Sabito will knock on that door soon.”

Giyuu look at the door side and just like she said, Sabito knocked the door, “Y/n, Y/n open up.” He hurriedly say and when Giyuu open the door, his grin turn into frown. “What are you doing here?”

“What are YOU doing here?” Giyuu playfully emphasized it, “She already know I will come and we’re just talking a bit.”

“But both of you talking a lot back then, is that still not enough?” He teased him.

“Oh, shut up. What makes you come here?” Giyuu asked him in order to dodge his question. “If you said you cant sleep then that’s a lie, I heard you snored.”

“Hmph... I just want to ask her to the rooftop and since you are here then why don’t all of us go together?”

“Sabito kun please, we will get ourselves in trouble.” She groaned and that make Giyuu realizes that she didn’t always get to see her vision. But in the end, the three of them sit on the roof top, nobody talk. All of them set their eyes to the starry night, to the night sky which wear a hundreds of sparkling jewel until Sabito breaks the silence.

“I heard you become a candidate for the next Ubuyashiki’s leader bride.”

This is the first time Giyuu heard about it so he fairly shocked about this news, Y/n took the question calmly even if its quite embarrassing. “I am one of the candidates, but its not final, they will inform me next week.”

“It sounds like an arrange married.” Giyuu commented and she nodded.

“Sure it is, I don’t know how to feel. Instead of marrying someone that I don’t even know and younger than me, I rather marry one of you guys. I mean we know each other for a long time. That sounds better.” She said deadpan, not aware that her statement send the boy’s minds elsewhere.
"Sabito kun, I already tell Giyuu kun beforehand. I want you, all of you to think about your safety first."

"With this, you've talked twice about it."

"I really mean it, Sabito kun. Well, you know your limit, I hope you know what Im trying to say." She said, "I just... don't want something bad happened to any of you."

The boys smile and slightly nodded to their friend who only wish for their safety.

On the roof of this wisteria house, where all the residents is out of reach of the demons. The three children who share the same pain in the past hold each other hands, enjoying the silent night. Sabito hold her hand and she hold it tightly like she’s afraid he will go anytime soon while her another fingers slid into Giyuu’s fingers, left the boy blushed furiously.