Chapter 5

~~~Denki's P.O.V.~~~

Me and the gang were walking to school early today. We were hoping to maybe see a chance for the new student, who will be my new roommate!

When we got there only a few short people were there. And the boy from yesterday was there.

He's so close to our hangout spot! I wonder if he knows???

We walked to our normal hangout spot, and while the gang was in deep conversation, I was deep in thought.

I kept staring at the boy, and he seemed...familiar. like-like I've seen him before.

I gasped, and yanked on kirishima's arm!

"BRO! BRO! I FIGURED OUT WHERE I'VE SEEN THAT BOY WITH THE PURPLE HAIR!"

Kirishima stopped talking, and looked at Denki. "Really? Where?"

"THE FESTIVAL! YOU KNOW! THE ONE WITH THE BRAIN WASHING QUIRK!?! HE BATTLED IZUKU!"

Kirishima gasped, and looked at the purple-haired boy. "Oh my God, he is!!! Guys, guys! That guy over there? He battled Izuku in the festival!"

Everyone looked over, and gasped, minus Bakugo. Bakugo shrugged, as if he already knew, which, he probably did.

We all looked at each other and got into major conversation about him, and that was the rest of it until the bell rang for school.

As we walked away, I forgot about the purple-haired boy, and thought about my new roommate.

Aizawa-sensei had asked me to stay after class yesterday. He had informed me that the new student was going to be my new roommate, since I haven't had a roommate since the school year started. There wasn't enough students in class 1-A. God, i'm so excited!!! I wonder if their super talented at video games!!! Maybe... Maybe they'll finally be that one person I'm looking for.

We got to class, and instead of going to Bakugo's desk and hanging, I went to my seat, excited for the new student to arrive, and for once, wanting the class to start.

When the bell rang, I couldn't help it. I started bouncing in my seat.

I saw Aizawa-sensei walk in, and he seemed...happy?? It was weird. He cleared his throat, signalling for us to quiet down.

"Alright class, as you have known, we've been waiting for a new-ish student. The one who was transferred." Aizawa-sensei smiled. He actually SMILED!

We all cheered, happy to have Mineta gone, and someone who wouldn't be a filthy perv.

When the class finally calmed down again, Aizawa-sensei continued. "Please make him feel welcome." He looked directly at izuku and Bakugo. " That means you two, problem children."

Izuku just blushed from embarrassment, and looked down. Bakugo, on the other hand, started cursing, and making mini explosions.

Aizawa-sensei just sighed, and continued. "His name is Shinsou Hitoshi. Shinsou, would you please come in?" He looked towards the door. We all did.

I silently gasped, and my eye's widened. It's that boy! The boy from yesterday, AND today!! I looked at the others, and they were in just as of a shock as me. We all looked at each other, and then quickly looked back at Shinsou. So, at least I now know his name! Is he friendly?? Is he fun?

I started getting a bunch of questions when I saw him starting to talk. So I listened.

He sighed, and looked at all of us. "My name's Shinsou Hitoshi. My quirk is Brain Washing, and I have no intentions of making friends." He deadpanned.

He sounds emotionless! Well, I'm going to change that!! I'm going to be his friend!

Aizawa-sensei looked at Shinsou. "Please take your seat next to Denki Kamimari." He looked at me, and my eyes widened again. "Denki please raise your hand."

For a second, I didn't want to, but I did. If he sat next to me, it would give me a chance to get close to him. Maybe we could be friends really fast.

He took his seat next to me, and immediately started focusing on work. I tapped him on the shoulder.

He slightly jumped, and looked over at me. So I whispered, not wanting to get caught. "Hi! I'm Denki!" I looked at him, waiting for a response.

He shrugged. "Shinsou." He deadpanned, and went back to work.

I slightly sag, but sit up again, and tapped his shoulder. "Yes, Denki?" He didn't look up from his work.

He knew it was me. "Wanna be friends? It would be like, SO rad!" I hoped I didn't sound too eager.

"No." He continued working.

I slightly pouted. "Oh, c'mon! I'm like, SO cool! You would like my friends!"

"No." He didn't even look at me.

I sat, and faced forward, and hoping it was quiet enough, I made a groaning noise, and pout more.

I feel someone staring at me, so I look. Shinsou was staring at me! I gave him a small smile. He noticed, and turned his head away real quick, blushing. Which made me blush.

I-is he.. blushing!?! This thought only made me blush worse.

~~~After class~~~

The bell rang signalling class was over. I ran to my friends crazy fast. "Guys!! That guy, Shinsou? He's my new roommate!"

They all looked at me, shocked. "Him!?! But... He doesn't want any friends. He's gonna be so boring!"

I shake my head. "C'mon! You guys know me! I don't stop, until I get what I want!"

They all laugh. I laugh with them. The conversation starts going smoothly, when Aizawa-sensei calls for me.

I get a curious look on my face, and start walking over to him. My eyes widen. Shinsou's there!

I slightly hurry up. "Yes, aizawa-sensei?"

Aizawa-sensei looks happy! What is going on today!?!

"Shinsou is going to be your new roommate. Would you please show him to the new room?"

I nod my head excited. Out of instinct, I grab shinsou's hand, and drag him away. "C'mon our room is on the 4th floor! Room 467!! I've only decorated my half, but I can help you with yours if you want!"

Finally! I have a roommate!! I wonder if he'll be as fun as I hoped.

Heyyyyy, guys!! Hope your still here, and enjoying this. Just a few words. First, Shinsou is feeling something he doesn't want to feel. At first. And second, Denki feels something too, but doesn't realize it. Hope you enjoy the story!!

-Sincerely you're author. 🤐

Word count: 1077 words