Chapter 44

❗️❗️❗️DEATH❗️❗️❗️

~~~No One's POV~~~

"MONOMA!"

The bullet went flying straight at monoma, who's eyes were wide in shock. Everything slowed down, and slipped into slow motion as Monoma watched the bullet inch closer to him. His heart was pounding in his chest, the sounds of his own ragged breathing a heartbeat in his ears.

His eyes squeezed shut as he waited for the bullet to strike and hit him. When it didn't, he opened his eyes. Time seemed to have stopped completely as he saw Logan standing in front of Monoma, his back to the villain as he stared him in the eyes.

"Logan..?"

Logan only smiled before dropping to the ground, blood seeping out of the wound. Monoma dropped to his knees and applied pressure to Logan's neck, where the bullet had hit him. Logan didn't even seem to notice Monoma's hand was there as he stared up at the villain who was busy reloading his gun, and removing the tape from the other one.

"Shit! What did you do that for!? Are some kind of idiot or something!?" Monoma's eyes filled with tears as he stared at Logan, who saved his life.

"Nah...Alex was...Alex was my last remaining family...I can't lose him.." Logan's voice was raspy and weak, as he stared up at Monoma, a smile on his face.

"Yeah well, Alex would want you to live!"

Logan only chuckled weakly. "If that's the case..he didn't get what he wanted.. I can't wait to see him again."

Monoma kept pressure on his neck, but he knew it wasn't gonna do anything. They both knew Logan was dying. The side of his neck had been ripped wide open by the bullet, hitting a major artery vein.

Logan didn't seem to mind the thought of death though. In fact, he was relaxed throughout the whole thing. He just simply stared at Monoma, who had tears streaming down his face as he watched Logan's life slip away in his hands like putty.

Logan's body went limp in Monoma's arms after a while, and when he took his last breath, Monoma felt his whole body and soul shatter.

He's dead...he..he died in my arms.

Monoma had never knew someone who died, until Alex. And he certainly never had a dead body in his arms. He felt like he couldn't breath, as he kept applying pressure to Logan's neck, completely unnecessary anymore.

Sero had managed to limp towards Monoma, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Let him go, Mon. He's dead.."

Monoma nodded and slowly and carefully set Logan's body down, before standing up. "Two people...just dead.."

Sero nodded sadly, tears slipping down his face. "They didn't die in vain.. now come on, we have to stop him.."

They looked over at the villain who finished just finished removing the tape from his gun. He kept to his feet and aimed both guns at sero and monoma.

Monoma was beyond any rational thought process anymore. He simply grabbed Sero's hand, and gave it a re-assuring squeeze before letting go, and gaining Sero's quirk.

His elbows shifted, and grew. Monoma didn't feel the pain of it before lifting his arm shooting tape out at the villain at rapid speed.