Chapter 35

❗️❗️❗️SLIGHT ANGST❗️❗️❗️

~~~Denki's POV~~~

I heard several car doors opening, the one next to me soon opening, earning a low groan from me as I raise my head from the seatbelt my head was resting on. I looked around more than half asleep, as I felt my seatbelt being removed. I looked over as Shinsou leaned over me, gently picking me up bridal style from the car, closing the door behind him with his foot.

"It's ok, baby boy. Go back to sleep. I didn't mean to wake you." Shinsou kisses the top of my head, his voice and quiet.

I nodded, burying my face into the crook of his neck, my hands resting on his chest as I close my eyes, already falling back asleep.

Before I fell asleep, I heard another voice speaking up quietly, recognizing it as Monomas. "He's really fighting for this, isn't he?"

"He is," Shinsou voice vibrated through his chest, soothing me further towards sleep, "and it hurts me to see how hard he's working to try and put an end to all of this..this madness."

"You know he's doing this for you, right?"

"I know. It's not fair, everything he's gone through. But even with all of it... he still puts a smile on his face." I felt a pair of lips press softly to the top of my head, putting a small smile on my face. "I just hope this all goes the way we want it to."

"I agree. I don't want any of this to go wrong. I really don't think I could handle it if anyone died." Sero's voice spoke up, his voice soft and quiet.

I didn't hear anymore as calm, dreamless sleep took over me, my body relaxing in Shinsou's arms. The last thing I felt was peace, and calm.

~~~Shinsou's POV~~~

"I agree. I dont want any of this to go wrong. I really don't think I could handle it if anyone died." Sero joined the conversation, talking quietly. "Especially if Mina was someone who..."

His voice trailed off, it saying it, but all of if getting what he meant. Denki had fallen back asleep in my arms after I picked him from the car, assuring him to go back to sleep.

I nodded my agreement. We all continued to walk in silence towards our rooms. After a few minutes of silence, I stopped walking as we got to our rooms. "Can you guys promise me something?"

Monoma and the others nodded. "Yeah of course. What is it?"

"If after all this is over, and I don't make it, promise me to take care of denki." I looked to them, a serious look on my face.

"W-what!?! Shinsou, don't say that! You'll be fine!" Kirishima I looked really shocked that I had said that.

"Just promise me. Please."

Monoma looked very hurt. "Of course we would!! But you'll be fine! So.. stop saying that like you're gonna die!" He had tears threatening to spill.

I couldn't help but feel bad, but I just shook my head. "I'm not saying it because I'm gonna die. I don't want to, but it's a very strong possibility that I could die during this fight! And in case that happens, I need you guys to take care of denki for me. Please."