32

I arrive at the usual building and step inside, Megan and Niall immediately rushing over to me, Megan setting a hand on my shoulder and Niall grinning at me.

"You're happier than the usual, I don't know if I like it." I chuckle as they glance at each other before smiling at me once again.

"Would you like to go out with us? Just for a dinner?" Megan asks, a smile on her lips as I furrow my eyebrows at their suggestion.

"I would love to, but I have a baby at home and I've been away too many times from her, sorry," I tell them, feeling slightly bad for their situation. I know they just want to go out and have some fun, but I do have priorities and as much as I'd like to go with them, I can't.

"No, well wait, follow us," Megan says, both of them walking away from me and I follow them towards a door behind Megan's desk, opening it to reveal a few people printing stuff, one of them being Harry.

Megan taps his back and he turns around to look at us, raising his eyebrows when his eyes land on me, frowning at Megan and Niall who had huge grins on their lips.

"Good morning." He mutters, gazing at us with confusion clear on his features as Megan snickers while side glancing at Niall.

"Good morning Mr. Styles, Niall and I were just now inviting Evelyn to go on a dinner with us but unfortunately she can't make it, isn't that the worse?" She asks, a fake smile on her lips and Harry widens his eyes while coughing awkwardly.

"Megan, I'm not having this conversation here." He looks around, furrowing his eyebrows while adjusting his tie with a sigh.

"Well, but sh–"

"Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on?" I groan quietly, careful not to draw any attention from the other few people here.

They grow silent and Harry shakes his head faintly, grabbing a few papers before turning his attention to Megan. "I'll talk to her in my office, I'm sure she'll talk to you as soon as possible."

He sets his hand on my lower back, guiding me out of that small room towards the elevator, pressing the button and we both wait for the doors to open. I look up at him as he raises his wrist and looks down at his watch before taking a quick glance at the papers he printed, lowering his hand to his side right as the doors open.

Once inside the lift and after pressing the button to the top floor, the doors close and we both lean our backs against the wall. "You look very beautiful, by the way."

I widen my eyes out of pure astonishment, looking down at my creamy coloured wide leg pants and my black turtleneck sweater with a frown before glimpsing back up at him. "Thank you."

Is this some sort of fever dream?

The doors open and we step out, walking side by side to his office with steady steps and a cup of coffee missing in my hand. Once we're in front of his office he opens the door for me and lets me walk inside first, striding towards his desk after the door is closed.

"Evelyn," He sighs, putting down the papers that were in his hand and gazing at me afterwards, "since Megan and Niall want to go out with you, would you like to leave Hazel at my house while you're getting together?"

Yes, this is a fever dream.

If it isn't then I'm just going crazy. I'm not sure if he's serious with this conversation, not only because he's suggesting to spend a few hours with Hazel but also because I'm going with Niall too, and I thought he was mad at him.

"Wait, what?"

"I realize it's unexpected, but after having a conversation with both of them we came to an agreement," He tells me, sitting down on his chair while looking up at me intensely, "you're going to have dinner at a restaurant if you do accept this."

"So wait, you talked to Niall too?" I ask, sitting down in one of the chairs in front of his desk instead of standing in the middle of his office awkwardly.

"I did, yes."

"Are you good with him?" I ask with the hope that he would say yes, it's not my business for sure but since Niall is my friend and I'm supposing Harry is too, it's important that they don't kill each other every time they talk, more specifically, Harry doesn't kill Niall.

"I presume so." He mutters, intertwining his hands on top of his desk while looking at me, the sounds of his rings surprising me in the slightest as they crash against each other softly.

"So, if it's just a dinner she's not going to spend the night at yours, right?"

"Not if she falls asleep in the meantime, no." He scratches the back of his neck, furrowing his eyebrows as I look at the rings on his fingers pensively.

"I guess that would be okay then." I agree, sighing at the thought of Hazel being at Harry's house. It's not that I think he would be the worst at taking care of her, it's just that at this point I think everyone is the worst when it comes to taking care of Hazel.

"I promise I'll do my best taking care of Hazel." He assures me, furrowing his eyebrows as I look down with a shrug.

He gets up just as I do, both of us looking at each other while doing so and I chuckle nervously out of pure anxiousness. "I guess I'm going to my office now."

"Yeah…"

As soon as I step out of his office I am met with a very familiar someone grinning down at me. "Zayn!"

I give him a quick hug before looking up at him with a large smile on my lips, watching as he runs a hand through his hair. "Hello! How have you been?"

"Good, your hair is blue!" I blurt out with a short laugh, eyeing him as he touches his hair as if to make sure what I said is true before he nods.

"Do I look good?"

"Is that even a question?" I snicker as he flips his imaginary long hair over his shoulder, laughing quietly to himself before glancing at me.

"How are things with Mr. Dictionary?" He then asks, nodding towards the closed door behind me with raised eyebrows and I shrug with puckered lips.

"I wouldn't know, I don't understand half the things he says," I joke, earning a laugh from him while he shakes his head in the slightest before we both start walking next to each other, "what are you doing here?"

"Getting ready for a photoshoot." He shrugs as we stop in front of my office while I glance up at him, puckering my lips in the slightest.

"Good luck then," I smile, watching as he waves while walking away, setting my hand on the door handle and feeling a hand on top of mine right after, making me jump while turning my head to look at Harry, "what the fuck?"

"I'm not that bad at communicating."

I stare at him blankly, his hand still on top of mine as he frowns at me with furrowed eyebrows and gazing down at me intensely. "I beg to differ."

The crease between his eyebrows seems to deepen as his frown gets harsher and I use my other hand to touch it delicately with a small smile.

"Also, why were you listening to the conversation?" I ask him, tilting my head and my brows drawing together in confusion while he scratches the back of his neck.

"No reason." 

He pats my hand, turning around and walking away with calm steps, ambling along the slightly crowded hallway as if he had no idea where to go. 

He turns his head only to glance at me, the left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a smirk on his before nodding shortly and entering his office once again.

This fucking good looking asshole.

Quite shorter, I hope you're enjoying the story nonetheless! Also, thank you so much for 50k reads! You're all amazing!♡