47- girls with sharp sticks

hehe

im back

more updates for this soon ig

----------------

with the creativity of an aged architect,  amelia skillfully put together a small box made out of legos, the bricks pieced together to make a shape of a sphere so she could grasp it easily. as she did that, she made sure [Bernaddette] kept formaggio out of devans sight, worried that if he were to find out, he would slip up at some point and expose formaggio, possibly getting him killed. 

setting the plastic, cubic ball in front of formaggio, amelia shielded his body with her hand and helped him climb in, barely making it in time before devan turned to look at her. "hey, what are you doing?"

she plastered a goofy smile on her face, gesturing to the lego ball in front of her. "just making a block ball. what about you?"

"im just building a clown for you since i made a skeleton for mom!"

"ah, thats nice.."

turning away from her brother, amelia began to contemplate an escape that wouldnt get either devan or formaggio killed, thinking back to the number of times someone would check on them. it seems someone would come in every thirty minutes, whoever came in depending on who checked on them before.

last time, club came to check on them and gave the two some snacks, which means that one of the other members from the deck of cards should come in about three minutes.

"mister maggio," amelia whispered to the lego ball in her hand, "im scared, what if something happens to mom or you guys?"

"we'll be fine, sugar, right now everyones focused on getting you and devan out safely, alright?" formaggio mumbled in response, peeking through a small hole he had made to look up at her. "the next time someone comes in, find a way to get them to talk so i can have some information to give to the team."

nodding with the little courage she had, amelia patiently stared at the door in silence, counting the seconds before there was a knock at the door. spade cautiously peeked her head in, the heart right above her with worry. "psst, kid, who's in the ball?"

"huh? what are you talking about? i just made a ball to roll around since we dont have one in here." amelia lied, playfully tossing it between her hands and hoping she's not hurting formaggio in the process. 

"i can smell them, kid. who's in it?"

"no one! are you crazy or something?!"

the brunette carefully stepped into the room and approached amelia, heart continuously checking behind him for anyone coming. "quit yelling, we're not gonna hurt you, and if you keep making a fuss you might be here for a while. we wanna get you in your mom out, but the first step is to tell me who's in that little brick ball."

"im telling you, no one is in it! the only people in this room are me and devan!" amelia urged, passing the ball to [bernadette] to hold. 

spade looked back to heart, who was making hand motions to hurry up. "look, i pinky promise we're not gonna hurt you or any of your weird family. we just wanna help you out."

amelia cocked an eyebrow, skeptical as she should be. "it sounds like you want me to do something in return, old lady. what is it?"

"one, im not old, and two, me and heart kinda- uh, got together a while back and both somewhat agreed we want to get away from snow and stuff, maybe start a life elsewhere. its hard for a kid like you to understand, which is why instead of getting a small child we want to adopt someone more mature, but each time i go into the chambers, my eyes always land on that one clone that didnt fail, and i can only imagine what snow's going to do to it. she might become a weapon, or much worse, so we want your help to get it out and to take it away."