41- ghiaccio makes a critical mistake

despite having one of your enemies run away while the other was brutally murdered in a meadow, your body was strangely relaxed, not even the snapping of twigs making you flinch. you walked directly next to heart with a slight limp, [GOLDEN RULE] holding you up by your side so you can rest your injured foot a bit. you werent positive if the heart knew exactly where he was going, or if he knew where the house was, but you'd rather keep silent than agitate him any more.

your stand shifted its grip on your waist, hoisting you up a bit more to take some of the pressure off of your good foot. "do you... ever wonder why i started speaking so suddenly?" [GOLDEN RULE] asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

you pursed your lips, thinking back to when you announced you were going on a date with melone, only to get yelled at by [GOLDEN RULE] on how stupid the idea was. "well, referring to when you first started speaking, i think that was just my subconscious trying to talk me out of that date with melone. youre essentially just my soul, so whatever you say is probably what i thought at some point."

prosciutto put a finger into the air, interjecting. "so, youre telling me that all of those insults golden rule comes up with, is something you thought of?"

you shrugged your shoulders, "i guess."

"this is getting off topic." [GOLDEN RULE] said plainly. "i was asking if you wondered why i ever started speaking out of the blue. its been on my mind for a good few weeks."

heart looked over to your skeleton stand, surprisingly not intimidated by it in the slightest. "it could be that (y/n) had finally grown comfortable around her teammates, having always been too uptight around her previous surroundings to really relax like she is now."

"getting stalked every other day? you call this relaxing?" you laughed.

"no, absolutely not. i just mean that wherever you were before you joined la squadra was a place that you werent really comfortable with, or a place where you felt like you didnt really fit in. but, after connecting with your new team for a bit,  you found that it was easier to let loose around them than your old friends."

you shook your head in disagreement, staring into the ground as [GOLDEN RULE] practically carried you. "no way... i love doppio and cioccolata! theyre like family to me! why would i not be comfortable around them of all people?"

your stand looked down at you, bring a boney hand up and ruffling your hair. "its alright, master. its just a possibility, after all, so we arent going to be completely sure if that's the reason why or not."

"i can actually confirm that that's the reason!" a new voice interrupted, its tone fruity and smug.

you looked around yourself, frightened. heart looked unamused, letting out an exasperated sigh before speaking. "i really dont have time to deal with you, monique."

a scarily familiar purple outfit came into view after falling clumsily from a tree in front of you, a head of short, bobbed brown hair swirling right behind. the owner scrambled to their feet, brushing off their black turtleneck and purple joggers before lifting their head to meet yours. "come on, heart! you know youre my favorite!"

author stood a mess in front of you, twigs tangled in her hair and leaves gently falling off edges of her outfit. you found it strange that she was referred to as 'monique' by the heart, as the only name she ever told you was 'author', though it didnt matter to you too much since you didnt even know the girl well enough to care.

it was crystal clear that your android friend was less than amused by authors, or alternatively, moniques appearance, a scowl framing his silicon face as he stared into the girl. "i really wish i wasnt." he finally responded, making monique pout.