Chapter 1: First Day

Shuichi's POV:

I was awakened by my alarm. With my blurred vision I shut my alarm and got out of bed. I started to play some music to try and wake myself up. I checked the calendar and a smile formed on my face, today's day read "First Day At Hopes Peak Academy." I had almost forgot that I transferred there!

I started rummaging through my tiny closet, I wanted to wear something special for today like a button up shirt with nice black pants- actually maybe that's too much for the first day at Hopes Peak? After 30 seconds I just gave up and picked out what I always wore, a stripped black and greyish silver shirt with matching pants. I grabbed my cap and danced my way towards the bathroom.

I started humming to the song that was playing while I brushed my hair. All of a sudden I took the brush and started singing to the song 'This was unlike me' I thought to myself. After the song ended I ran down the stairs to the dinning room.

My uncle was sitting at the table smoking a cigar while he read the newspaper like he always does.

"Good morning uncle" I said with a happy tone.

"Good morning my little detective." He put down the newspaper and examined my mood, "You seem happy today. Is there a special event happening?"

"Are you serious? You forgot what today is!? It's my first day at Hopes Peak Academy! I'm exhilarated!"

"Well you better get going." He pointed at the clock, "Its 7:55 and if I'm not mistaken doesn't school start at 8:00 at Hopes Peak?"

After he said that, I ate the rest of the cereal and ran out of the house waving goodbye to my uncle. I put on my cap, started the car and drove to Hopes Peak.

"I can't be late not on my first day at a new school.." I thought to myself as I bit my lip.

Hopes Peak wasn't that far from where I lived but it still took a while to get there because of traffic.

After what felt like hours I  finally arrived at the school. I ran in and looked around, I was amazed by how big the school was. I took out my note book that had a checklist on what to do on the first day of school, first thing I had to do was head to the headmasters office for my schedule. I was a bit lost at first but ended up finding my way to the office.

I knocked on the door, I was stressed and excited at the same time. A tall man with black hair opened the door.

"You must be Mr. Saihara." He said with a smile.

"I sure am"  I answered back smiling shyly.

"I'm your headmaster Mr. Kirigiri. Why don't you come on in."

I nervously walked in as the tall man closed the door behind me. I sat down at the chair in front of his desk.

"So mister Saihara what is your ultimate again?"

"I'm the ultimate detective sir."

"I see. We have a huge library, if you want to check it out, just take a left from my office then take a right and your there."

"Oh. Thanks for letting me know. Also by any chance do you have my schedule"

The tall man started to laugh "How could I forget to give you your schedule, here you go" He handed me my schedule, I had 4 periods each 70 minutes and of course a tiny break and lunch.

"Now run along, I'm pretty sure homeroom  starts soon."

I nodded and left the office. I looked at my schedule and noticed that home room was on the third floor. ''Third floor, out of all the floors it has to be located on the top floor,' I thought to myself on the verge of tears. Once I got the the third floor I looked around like crazy. "Oh Homeroom is... right around this corner-" I turned the corner and all of a sudden I bumped into someone. I got up quickly and looked down at the floor, I had bumped into a girl. She was blonde and had these white music note clips in her hair, she wore this pink sweater vest and a pink skirt which also had music notes. She also had this white backpack probably filled with music sheets, I'm just guessing.

"I-I'm so sorry" I pulled down my cap a little and put out my hand. She grabbed it and got up. She looked at me a bit confused but then it was like a lightbulb appeared at the top of her head.

"Are you the new kid?" Her voice was so cheerful and confident. It was beautiful.

"Y-yes I am, my name is Shuichi Saihara and I'm the Ultimate Detective. Who are you?"

"I'm Kaede Akamatsu, and I am the Ultimate Pianist."