Chapter 24: Spring Festival (Part 3.5)

Makis POV:

We entered the haunted house. It was very dark, you could barely see where you were waking. I for one don't get frightened by horribly dressed students drowned in fake blood and slime but Kaito on the other hand, he looked like he was about to pass out.

"Kaito we don't need to do this if you don't want to.."

Kaito gulped and responded, "I-it's fine M-Maki.. as long as I don't see a ghost I'll be fine.."

Just after he said that an ghost sound started playing and Kaito hugged me tightly as he yelled. He then noticed and quickly let go and cleared his throat. "Not scared at all. Im not scared.." then suddenly something grabbed our legs and he yelled again.

"Not scared huh?" I asked holding in my laughter.

"Shut up..."

We continued to walk through the haunted house. Each boo or grab scaring Kaito.

"Is it almost over.." Kaito asked as he covered his face with his hands.

"Yup I could see the light at the end of the hallway. We're definitely almost there."

"Alright!" Kaito slowly removed his hands and grabbed my hands. I went red, thank god he couldn't see my face.

"Let's finish this haunted house Maki Roll!"

We walked a bit more, the exit arms length away, then suddenly a robotic thing that was supposed to be scary popped out of the walls and Kaito jumped into my arms yelling.

Once he stopped yelling he looked at me in the eyes. Our faces were so close to each other, I started to get nervous. He went in for a kiss, of course this idiot did, but this time instead of punching him I kissed him back. It didn't last very long because who wants to make out in a haunted house?

He left my arms and we walked out the haunted house blushing, that's when I heard a familiar voice going "oooo" in the distance.

"Hey look it's Kaede and Shuichi!" Kaito said pointing at them.

Kaede ran towards us while dragging Shuichi.

"Sooo how'd it go?" Kaede asked winking at me. Kaito and I both went red.

"Well- uh- hm- uh-"

"Nothing happened Kaede.." I answered obviously lying.

Kaede smirked, "Alright if you say so."

Kaede then pulled up her plan and looked at her watch. "Oh look! It's almost 2:30, doesn't look like I'll have time to eat."

"Kaede..." Shuichi said worriedly.

"Shuichi's I'll be fine! There's no need to worry."

Shuichi's nodded and Kaede continued to speak, "You guys don't need to come so early so you guys can go grab something to eat!"

"Don't have to tell me twice! Plus my sidekick promised me some yakisoba if I went to the haunted house!" Kaito said.

"Oh yeah I totally forgot about that.." Shuichi answered laughing awkwardly.

"Well I'll see you guys in the audience! And Maki, text me later alright?" She winked and walked away from us.

Kaito's stomach started to rumble, "I guess that's a sign we should go and get some yakisoba!"

𖠇some time later𖠇

We had found a table and once we sat down Kaito started devouring his Yakisoba. This is the guy I fell for? Shuichi looked worried, he was probably thinking about Kaede.

"Hey guys," Shuichi said softly. "Is there any flower stands up in this festival?"

Kaito didn't hear him and kept eating so I had to answer.

"They're normally placed near the entrance of the festival, why?"

"I was planning on getting some flowers for Kaede.."

Kaito heard that and stopped eating, "Planning on getting flowers for your girlfriend huh?" He asked smirking.

"She's not my girlfriend! Well not yet at least..."

Kaito was in the middle of taking another bite when he stopped and dropped his chopsticks, his mouth was wide opened. I was also surprised.

"You're gonna ask her soon?" Kaito asked excitedly.

"Planning onto.. when the fireworks are launched.."

I smiled, "You two deserve each other, I can't imagine either one of you with someone other then each other."

Shuichi laughed awkwardly then checked his watch, "It's 2:45, I'll go get the flowers and I'll meet you guys in the auditorium okay?"

"They grow up so fast.." Kaito said

"See you guys later!" Shuichi soon after disappeared into the crowd.

Me and Kaito soon after made our way to the entrance of the school.  Before entering he asked me awkwardly, "So like uh- are you my girlfriend now?"

I stood there blushing. I gave him a peck on the cheek and he stood there dumbfounded. I held the door open for him and responded, "Does that answer your question?"

He's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as he walked into the school. Even though I don't show it I'm quite happy right now. I closed the door and we made our way to the auditorium.

To be continued....