Chapter 37: The Last Day Before Summer Break (Part 8)

Makis POV:

I stared out the window, twiddling my pen and checking the time now and then. It was hard for me to sit still, I needed to tell Shuichi what I saw as soon as possible.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned to my left to see Rantaro with a half smile waving at me.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed.

"Hey, hey chill. I was just wondering, why do you look so stressed? Do you have an assassin job to take care of? Not qualified enough?" He chuckled at his little joke he made, I on the other hand just stared at him unamused. "Jeez, rude much?"

I rolled my eyes and went back to staring out the window once again. I started to rethink the scene I had witnessed during 2nd period.

It was impossible that I was hallucinating everything felt real so we can cross that out. Kaede has known Leon for a few months now so it's not like it's impossible for her to develop feelings for him. Plus the rumours about them would also support what I saw. But what about the rash? A magic skin rash that disappears in a matter of 30 minutes? That's impossible, unless she concealed it with foundation.

Suddenly I heard a *click* coming from my left side. I turned to see Rantaro who had a polaroid camera out, a picture was slowly coming out of it from the top which he then took and started fanning it. I knew he had probably taken a photo of me for whatever weird reason he had but that wasn't the thing that was bothering me. The thing that was bothering me was the camera itself.

The first time I saw that camera was in Rantaros pocket during the time that situation had happened between Rantaro and Kaede. There wasn't only a camera but a few photos as well. Now that I think about it, I saw a few photos on the ground next to the "Kaede" could it be that —- I mean it wasn't impossible, he had said to never hurt her again but are we sure that he wasn't lying when he said that?

Rantaro noticed me staring at him for a while now and started waving in my face, "Hello? Earth to Maki?"

On impulse I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer, the knife hidden under my skirt was now close to his throat.

"Tell me Rantaro what other photos have you taken with that camera of yours."

"Maki what the fuck are you on?" He asked trying to push away.

Suddenly from the front of the class I heard "Miss Harukawa! What had the principle said about you attacking students on random? You know that type of action won't be tolerated here! Let go of mr Amami or else there will be consequences."

I sighed and let go quickly putting the knife back under my skirt. Rantaro who was now gasping for air, looked at me frightened. At least now he won't bother me during class.

The  bell soon after rang and as I exited the classroom I heard the teacher yell something along the lines of "you got lucky this time!" As if the bell didn't save his ass from me.

My goal was to make it to Shuichi's locker before he left the school building but thankfully luck was on my side, Shuichi was just in front of me. If it weren't for his little hair I would've  never noticed him in this crowd of people. Right when I was about to tap on his shoulder someone grabbed my arm and tugged me into somewhere. I fell face forward into the room. Right when I tried to get up I felt a sharp pain, as if a needle were stabbed into me. I looked up hazily at the person who had done this. I managed to say a few words, "Why would you do this.. T-" then I saw black.