Chapter 30: The Last day Before Summer Break (Part 1)

Kaede's POV:

+*+3 months after the spring festival+*+

I woke up this morning before my alarm rang. I smiled happily as I walked towards the calendar and saw what today was.

"July 19th is finally here" I softly said out loud.

I did a little happy dance and flopped back onto my bed. Today was the last day before summer break and I was planning on spending summer break with Shuichi which was going to be tough. We were planning on spending the summer together alone at a beach house that my parents own, but then Kokichi overhead our plans and told the rest of our friends what we were up to. Though, most of them didn't care there were a few who wanted to come along. Those few were, Kokichi, Miu, Kaito and Sayaka. Kaito and Sayaka were also forcing their girlfriends to come which would make it a total of 8 people including me. I didn't want to say no, so I asked my parents if they could use the other beach house right next to the one me and Shuichi were going to use. My parents didn't mind, they just wanted the beach house to stay clean which wouldn't be a problem... I hope.

My alarm suddenly rang which reminded me even though it's the last day of school before summer break, I still needed to attend my classes. I grabbed my clothes and made my way to the bathroom.

After about 15 minutes of makeup and hairstyling I was finally done and was greeted with a pretty big breakfast made by my grandmother. There was French toast, eggs, bacon, fruits, yogurt, crepes and a lot more.

"Grandma? What is all this?" I asked a bit overwhelmed by the amount of food on the table.

My grandma who was originally looking for something in the fridge, turned to me and answered, "Since you will be spending summer break with your boyfriend, I decided to make a goodbye breakfast."

"Grandma, it's not like I'm moving to the United States with him. Plus, my friends will just be next door," I paused and mumbled, "which isn't very ideal"

"But still, you're my little pianist, it's a big deal not seeing you for a while.."

"Grandma, I'm literally coming back a week before school starts, it's not that long"

"Oh my sweet little sunshine just enjoy your last breakfast at your old home."

"Grandma I'm not-" suddenly, I inhaled the sugary smell coming from the table and sat down and started eating.

My grandma smiled as she watched me devour the breakfast. "My little pianist is all grown up."

+*+time skip+*+

I decided to take the bus today since I left home a little later the usual. I sat near the window and put my headphones on to listen to some music as I looked at the scenery outside. As I was about to click on the app I use to listen to music, I got a message that read "Almost here Akamatsu?" I clicked on the notification to see who sent it, hoping to see "Detective Boyfriend". Once the message app loaded, my excitement soon died down as I realized the person who sent that was Rantaro.

It had been a while since the incident, and he's been trying his hardest to become a better person. I'm still not fully comfortable around him but, our friendship has healed a bit. I began to type,

Rantaro

Rantaro: Almost here Akamatsu?

Kaede is typing...

Kaede: Yup! Just a few stops away!

Rantaro is typing...

Rantaro: Great!
Rantaro: Also, I wanted to ask you something.

Kaede is typing...

Kaede: What is it?

Rantaro is typing...

Rantaro: I heard you, Shuichi and some of your friends we're going to the beach during summer vacation and I was wondering...
Rantaro: Can I tag along?

I stared at my phone, pondering what exactly I should say. I'm not comfortable around him, but the only way to fix that is by hanging out with him. Plus Shuichi will be there, and he'll be staying at the beach house next door, so I don't really have anything to be worried about. I replied, "Sure, I'll tell you the details at school!" and went back to going to play music.

After 10 minutes the bus had finally reached Hopes Peak. I got off the bus and as if he knew I was here, I got a text from Shuichi which read "I'm at the library" I smiled at the text and made my way to the library.

Current time: 7:45
7 more hours left...