Chapter 23: Spring Festival (Part 3)

Kaedes POV:

I walked as fast I could in my zoris*, any faster and I would've fallen since I'm not used to this type of footwear. The more I walked the more distant the blue hair sticking up in the crowd was.

"Shuichi!" I yelled hoping he could hear me but it was no use.

I pushed through the large crowd, probably stepping on a bunch of students feet on the way there. I was so close he was just inches away but then he took a left and entered into classroom 78. I was about to enter after him when a girl in a maids dress blocked my path.

"Welcome to class 78ths maid and butler cafe! How many people are with you today?"

She looked like a very nice and bubbly person. I looked at the tiny name tags attached to her maid dress, it has "Aoi Asahina" written on it.

"I'm sorry I'm not here with anyone! I'm actually just here to see-"

I was about to finish my sentence when a strong muscular women in a maids dress approached Aoi from behind. Her arms were crossed which helped show off how muscular her arms were and I stood there frightened.

"A table for one then?" The woman in the back asked.

I nodded afraid to say no. They lead me to a singular table and gave me a menu.

"Here you go! Call one of us over when you're ready to order!"

I nodded and soon after the girl left to greet other people who wanted to enter.

I looked at the menu, it mostly sweets like cake, dango*, waffles drizzled with chocolate and lot more. It was so tempting to order something but I couldn't, I needed to rescue Shuichi from this place. I closed the menu and looked around, hoping to see Shuichi somewhere. I noticed a little room where the students dressed in maids and butler outfits were coming from. He probably was in there since he's not anywhere out here. I got up and sneakily made my way towards there when suddenly a tall, thin, blonde man in a butlers outfit stopped me. He pushed his glasses back and observed me.

"You don't belong back here miss." He said annoyed.

"But-"

"But what? I suppose you're excuse is that you need to see someone? I've heard that a million times lady."

"But I'm serious! There's a guy here who doesn't belong here."

The man looked at me as if I was crazy, "You're telling me a random guy just happened to stumble his way here without me stopping him? "

"Okay wait it sounds weird but I'm being ser-"

A voice from behind the thin man interrupted our quarrel. "Hey guys what's going on here!" It was Leon. Maybe he could get me to Shuichi.

"Yo Kaede! I heard you're gonna be performing at the auditorium for the music event, can't wait to see you play!"

The blonde man looked shocked, "You know this woman?"

"Yeah! We're buddies! Why you asking Byakuya?"

Byakuya pushed his glasses back then stared down at me, "She was trying to get to the changing room. Two idiots.... No wonder you two are friends."

"Hey!" Leon and I screamed simultaneously.

"Did you even hear her out Byakuya?" Leon asked as he sighed. He turned to me and asked, "Why were you trying to get into the changing room?"