Chapter 13: Cooking Troubles

Shuichi's POV:

I love walking to class with Kaede and listening to her talk about the thing she admires the most, the piano. But um, half the time I don't understand anything she's saying since she goes into detail about how complicated some pieces are but how fun they are to play like Clair de Lune which is her favourite piece or Gym- Gymnopad- Gymnopeedie- Gymno- Gymnopédia? No clue how to pronounce it.

When Kaede talks to me, I can usually concentrate on everything she's saying very easily, it's a talent I got from being the Ultimate Detective. But today I just couldn't concentrate at all after that scene I made outside of the library. I yelled out in public that Kaede was my best friend, it isn't a lie but like I want to be more then just friends. Such a smart way to make a girl develop feelings for you, god damn it Shuichi you're a dumbass. Miu's right about you being a hopeless romantic. My thoughts were soon interrupted by the bell,

Ding dong bing bong.

I looked at Kaede with a worried look and she looked at me with the same look. She groaned, and said "We're late. Mr Sakakura is definitely gonna hate me now!" What does she mean by now? Wait what class do we even have next? I've never heard of this teacher before. Oh shoot, is this the first time I'm meeting him? And I'm late to my first ever class with him! Way to go for first impressions.

In a panic I grabbed Kaedes hand and ran to our class. I looked back at Kaede who was startled and confused by all the running. I turned around and continue to run as I pulled my cap down in embarrassment since I was holding Kaedes hand.

Once we got into class I was breathing rapidly and was about to collapse onto the ground. I never run like that and I never am ever again. I looked to Kaede who had a smile on her face, oh damn it Kaede why are you so adorable. I had totally forgotten that we were in class and once I looked up I saw a man standing right in front of me. He didn't only look very angry , he also looked very frightening which made me jump two steps away from him.  He sighed  and put his face in his palms, he then looked up at Kaede in disappointment.

"Miss Akamatsu, first you set the classroom on fire then you arrive late with a kid I've never seen before?" The man rubbed his forehead with two fingers and pointed to two seats in the back of the class.

"Piano lady and new kid, both of you sit there and get started on the cooking, the rest of the class has already started. Hurry up man!"

Kaede and I both frantically made our way to the only seats available in the back. I glanced at Kaede to see how she was doing since being told off by a teacher is kind of embarrassing. To my surprise, it looked like she was about to start laughing. If I were her I would've had my head on my desk and this moment would stick in my head forever. She noticed my gaze and smiled, "Lets get started on this shall we?"

I nodded  and then we got straight to cooking. We had to make Chicken. I know it sounds easy and chicken is easy to make but heres the thing, Kaede doesn't know how to cook. Though she never once told me, I could just tell by the way she looks at measuring cups and how careless she is about how much salt she puts.

"K-Kaede maybe I should be in charge of sea-"

"No! I got this Shuichi!" She answered as she put half the bottle of salt on the chicken.

I stared at her with a depressed look on my face, the poor chicken. I decided to focus on the vegetables I was making so then there could be at least something that tasted good in this meal, no offence Kaede. As I was cutting the carrots, I heard a *SPLAT* noise that sounded way to close to me. I started to panic, please Kaede I beg, did you drop the chicken on the ground, don't tell me you dropped the chicken Kaede.