Chapter 16: Truth

Tw: a bit of violence, not extreme though

Kaito's POV:

Finally! Third periods finally over. Jeez if it hadn't been for that weird guy with his animal friends and his weird but cool way of speaking, I would've fallen asleep. Once I put my books in the locker I headed straight for the cafeteria.

Once I found an available seat, I took out my pride and joy, astro cake. While I was eating some sweet sweet astro cake, I felt the peaceful, joyful vibes being disturbed.

"Hello Kaito" a scary female voice came from behind me. I turned around and when I noticed who it was a smile formed on my face.

"Maki Roll! Oh wow and here I thought I was going to get stood up! Guess you fell for my charms huh?"

"Shut up. This is important there's no time to be joking around."

"Important?" I thought to myself a bit lost. "Wait no way, is she finally confessing her feelings towards me?" I put my hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes. She looked at me weirded out, she was probably just nervous.

"Kaito listen, I-"

"There's no need to speak Maki roll, I know exactly what you're going to say."

She looked at me confused.

"What?"

I looked straight at her and said, "I feel the same way"

I went in for a kiss. Suddenly I went flying backwards because of immense force that was projected onto my face. Yup, you guessed it instead of receiving a kiss back, I got a face full of fist.

Once my body had hit the wall, I noticed Maki had been blushing. I weakly did a thumbs up and said "Worth it-" then I blacked out.

+*+Some Time Later+*+

I woke up to a bright light shinning above me.

"Am I in heaven?"

"Nope, " I heard a voice come from beside me. "You're just staring into the lamp for some reason."

"Maki? You're here too... so I guess we both died huh. Guess you're stuck with me even after we die."

She suddenly became pissed again and punched me in the stomach.

"Jeez... do you want to kill me that badly?"

Maki didn't respond, she just stared at me waiting for me to shut up. I sighed and looked around, I noticed I was in the nurse's room.  Wow, to end up here- Maki must've done a number on me.

"So Maki, if you didn't want to confess your love for me, then what was so important?"

"I wanted to ask you about Rantaro and Kaede's relationship. Answer me honestly, what happened between those two?"

I started to panic.

"What? Is there something strange going on between them? I hadn't notice I think your imagining thi-"

"Don't fucking tell me I'm imaging things damn it! I saw what I saw, Kaede was as scared as a fucking rabbit who heard the howl of a wolf. You can't tell me shit didn't happen between them."