Chapter 8: Getting to know Rantaro (Part 1)

Kaede's POV:

I was on my way to Rantaro's house. Miu offered to drop me off there but she couldn't pick me up from his house so, I would have to take the bus. Once we arrived at his house I said goodbye to Kirumi and Maki and thanked Miu for driving me off here.

I breathed in and rang the doorbell. I heard someone approach the door and open it. It was Rantaro! It looked like he had just woken up from a nap and in back of him, all I could hear was chaos. Screaming, yelling, stuff breaking. Rantaro looked at me with a surprised expression.

"K-Kaede? - Damn it I forgot you were coming."

"Should I come back tomorrow?"

"N-No- Come in and ... I'm sorry for all the ruckus.."

"It's fine! It can't be that bad can it?"

"....."

I smiled awkwardly and entered the house. Wow- it was a mess. Glass pieces on the floor, random toys scattered everywhere, the laundry was everywhere and the fridge was left opened. All of a sudden 3 little girls looked at me and stoped everything that they were doing and ran up to us.

"Who are you Miss?"

"You look very beautiful!"

The last one stayed silent and went to hug Rantaro's leg. Then a tall girl walked down the stairs.

"Huh? Hey bro who's this?"

"Ah ha- well.."

"Is she your girlfriend?!"

The two little girls who were standing right in front of us eyes sparkled. The little girl hugging Rantaro's leg just stared at him and the girl standing near the stairs still looked at us confused.

"Wait wait wait wait WAIT! Big bro you have a girlfriend already?!?"

"Mhmmmmm~"

"No- wait guys it's not like that."

"Y-Yeah we are just friends!"

"Okay then- Anyways, I'll get what I came here for which was a brownie."

Rantaro looked at me and smiled awkwardly.

"So these are my sisters... the oldest one if called Arai."

"Yo! It's nice to meet ya- Name?"

"Kaede, Kaede Akamatsu, it's nice to meet you Arai!"

"Anyways, those two in front of you are Rena and Soga and the one hugging my leg is Nagano."

"Aren't you guys so adorable I just want to squish you!"

"B-big brother does she really want to squish us...."

"No Nagano, she was just joking I promise."

He rubbed the little girls head and the girl smiled at him. Their sibling love was so amazing. So this is what Rantaro comes home to everyday after school.... I can't wait to learn more about him through this visit!

To be continued...