Chapter 11: You Don't Deserve This

PSA: before reading this story I advise you guys to read chapter 10 "getting to know Rantaro (part 2)" since I changed up the ending of that chapter a lot. (This is only directed towards readers who read chapter 10 before chapter 11 came out)

Warning : violence

Shuichi's POV:

Once I got to Rantaro's place I rang the doorbell. No one was answering. I got impatient and started to look around to see if there was any other way I could get in. Suddenly I felt something under my foot, I lifted up the welcome mat and a key was there. 'This isn't the smartest hiding place for a key-' I thought. I shakily put the key in the door hole and opened the door, Kaede being the only thing on my mind.

I entered the house and in the corner of my eye I saw Rantaro and Kaede making out on the couch. I was heartbroken but then suddenly, Kaede saw me and just by the way she was looking at me, I knew something wasn't right. 'What the hell is going on' I thought. Pissed off at this point I walked up to Rantaro and grabbed his shirt, pulling him away from Kaede.

Still holding onto his shirt I punched him in the face. Rantaro looked at me in shock, I was also in shock. He then snapped out of it and punched me in the face. I pinned him to the ground and started kicking him. He grabbed my foot and flipped me, got on top of me and started punching my face. Blood was everywhere  but I couldn't stop  punching him. This is what he deserved.

Once he was knocked out I checked on Kaede. She was on the floor, shell shocked. Tears started to stream down her face. I ran up and hugged her, now I was crying.

"Why..." she said softly.

I had no clue what to say and after a few moments of thinking I just said the first thing that came to mind. "Kaede it's okay, y-you're okay now."

She cried some more while she hugged me tightly. "Thank you Shuichi.. for everything," she said in between her tears.

We continued to hug for a bit and then she fell asleep in my arms. I picked her up and carried her home. 'Kaede I'm so sorry I should've been there sooner. Please forgive me Kaede. You don't deserve this,' is what I kept thinking while I carried her.

Once I got to her place I rang the doorbell, but yet again no one was answering. I sighed and tried to find a window to sneak through. I looked around for ages but by luck I had found one. 'Why doesn't anyone have any common sense when it comes to safety?' I thought to myself. I first gently placed Kaede on the floor then I slid in. I examined the room and even though it was dark, I knew we were in the kitchen since the place smelled of food. I picked up Kaede once more and brought her to a place that looked like her room. I placed her gently on her bed and examined her. She looks so peaceful and graceful when she sleeps. Before I left I put my jacket over her and without making any noise, I sneaked out of the house and made my way back home.

Kaede Akamatsu, it's been about 3 days that I've known you but if anything like that happens again, I won't stop until the person who hurts you is dead.