Chapter 4: Jealousy (Part 2)

Kaede's POV:

  I woke up to the sun shinning in my room, it was the best thing to be woken up by in my opinion. I usually get woken up by either Maki or Miu or both spamming me with texts in our group chat to wake up, they probably were doing that at this moment so I decided to check my phone.

"Yup I was right, wait a minute - who's this.."

I saw this random number in my notifications saying "Good morning." I thought hard to who I had given my number to, and then it hit me, it was Shuichi! All of a sudden butterflies formed in my stomach, but I pushed those feelings aside and answered.

"Good morning Shuichi!"

I was about to close my phone but he answered right away, a smile formed on my face.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah I slept pretty good"

"So about tonight, if you want you can invite some of your friends to come with us, and if you don't have a ride... I'm offering to pick you up and your friends.."

More butterflies formed in my stomach, "Why am I feeling like this.." I said to myself.

"Really I can invite my friends?! You guys are too kind! I'll be inviting Miu, Maki and Kirumi if that's okay with you and the guys?"

"Yeah it's fine."

"Also I wouldn't mind if you picked me up and I'm sure my friends wouldn't mind, my street is *** **** *** ***"

"Okay, I'll see you at 6:30 then?"

"Okay! I'll tell the girls. Bye Shuichi!"

"Goodbye Kaede!"

I clicked on the girls group chat and told them everything, they agreed to come but Miu was going to pick Maki and Kirumi up so it would just be Shuichi and I driving to the movies and back. I sent Shuichi a quick message and went downstairs to eat breakfast. There was my grandmother waiting for me.

My grandmother had been there for me for as long as I remembered. My parents always had to travel to some place for their job so, my grandmother was the only one who really took care of me.

"Good morning grandma!"

"Good morning my sweet little granddaughter, I made you some pancakes and some eggs so dig in"

"Thanks grandma! Oh also is it alright if i go with my friend to the movies today at 7? He will be picking me up at 6:30 though."

My grandmother looked at me with stars in her eyes.

"He? So you will be going with a boy. Is it a date~?"

I choked on my pancakes at that word.

"D-date?!? No no no its nothing like that grandmother he's just a friend thats all! Plus Miu, Maki and Kirumi will be coming and so will his friends!"

My grandmother giggled."Okay I was just kidding." She then mumbled, "Lie as much as you want I know it's a date."

"Grandma!"

"What I didn't say anything." She shrugged, "Well I'll go take my after breakfast nap now, don't burn down the house." She walked back upstairs into her room.

The day went by quicker then expected and it was already 6pm. I started looking through my closet, I chose a pastel pink dress with strawberries all over and some strawberry pink platformed boots to match with it. I then put my hair in a bun and added a bit of makeup. I got a message from Shuichi saying "here" and I walked downstairs as my grandmother looked out the window.

"Is that him? Is that your boyfriend?"

"Grandma!!! He's not my boyfriend!"

"Fine whatever. Have fun at the movies today and be careful, if there's any trouble just call me, I won't be there right away but I will come!"

I giggled. "Okay, see you later!"

I opened the door and saw Shuichi sitting there on his phone. He was wearing a white button up shirt with jeans, and he was wearing his cap too. I opened the car door and got in.

"Hello Shuichi! You look amazing!"

His face turned red and he looked away.

"T-thanks... you look amazing too Kaede.."

I blushed a bit and then that feeling was in my stomach again. The car became silent and we just stared at each other for what seemed like forever, then I broke the ice.

"A-Anyways we should get going, we don't want to keep the rest of them waiting"

He nodded and started to drive. We talked and laughed and their were some moments we would just be quiet and stare at each other. We finally got to the movie theatre, Miu, Maki, Kirumi, Kaito and Kiibo were waiting their for us. I walked out of the car.

"Hey guys!" I said with a smile.

"Hello Kaede." Kirumi seemed more lifeless then normal, maybe she didn't want to come? It's not rare that she accepts invitation when she doesn't actually want to go.

"Hi." Maki gave me a half smile and waved, at least she wasn't attacking anyone.

"How was the ride with poochie~ Did you guys have a bit of... fun before you came here~ OW- HEY! MAKI THERES NO DENYING THEY FUCKED! OW- OKAY OKAY ILL STOP." I spoke too soon, Miu deserved it though.

"Hey dude, hey Kaede glad you guys could make it"

"Same here, glad you all could make it."

Kaito and Keebo both gave us a warm welcome. I glanced at Shuichi and he looked a bit confused.

"Hey Shuichi are you okay?"

"Where's Kokichi?"

"Oh- yeah him" Kaito sighed in disappointment. "He's bringing a friend they should be here any minute now."

After he said that a car honked at us, we all turned to see who it was.

"Nehehe~ hello everyone! Your favourite person has arrived fashionably late with another person!" Kokichi hopped out of the car with his hands behind his head.

"Ughhh we had to wait 5 extra minutes for your orphan ass and who's this "friend" your talking about, is he your fucking buddy? You're not the one to make fucking friends"

"I'm friends with you aren't I?"

"Tsk fine whatever."

"Anyways! Let's give a round of applause for our special guest..."

We were all intrigued, all of a sudden the boy came out of the car. Kokichi slowly opened the car door and to our surprise it was...

"Rantaro Amami!"

"Hello everyone, sorry for taking so long."

Oh so Rantaro was the guy we were waiting for. I looked over to Shuichi and it was like fume was about to steam out of his ears. All that I know is that this is going to be a long night.