one hundred fourty seven

it was in the morning.

gwen was already dressed and ready to go.

she just feeded piper when mark walked down the stairs.

"how's everybody?" mark asks with a smile.

"so, hailey's in her room getting dressed, and this little girl just pooped, so there's that." gwen replies putting some dirty dishes into the sink.

"i will take care off that." mark assures walking around the kitchen island to kiss her.

"thank you." gwen said between the kisses. "i have to go, so you will take the kids."

"what are you doing today?" mark asks pouring himself some coffee.

"the new cardio surgeon comes today and i have to show her around." gwen reminds him. "do you ever listen to what i say?"

"i was but then you started to take off your clothes and i kind of drifted off, you know." mark smirks leaning closer.

"aha." gwen nods. "i'll see you later."

gwen kisses both her daughters on their cheeks. "love you guys."

"love you too, mommy." hailey says while piper was just focused on her food.

gwen grabbed her purse and jacket.

"have a good day, baby." mark calls after her to which she blow him a kiss.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked down the hall with the new cardiothoracic surgeon dr.maggie pierce.

gwen wasn't sure if she liked her.

she was a good surgeon or at least that's what her recommendations say.

but gwen doesn't know if she was a good person in general.

"i emailed dr.yang twice about the conduit babies, and her only response was, not your problem. i'm the new cardio surgeon. and the way that she talks to me sometimes..." maggie complains.

"look, dr.pierce, i-"

"maggie, margaret." maggie corrects her. "maggie is fine."

"dr.yang will be coming in later today for a final checkup with her conduit baby before she-"

"and then she's leaving?" maggie asks too relieved for gwen. "for good?"

"yes." gwen simply replies. "yes, she will be gone by the end of the day. is that it?"

"yes. i have a patient in pre-op." maggie said but then she looked around confused not knowing where to go.

"it's that way." gwen points to her left.

"i'm getting it." maggie assures her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

the mood of this day changed rapidly.

there was an explosion in the mall. so all hands on deck.

gwen was checking up on a few patients when she saw owen walking out of a elevator.

"o.r's one to three are general. we're gonna need more." gwen tells the chief. "neuro's in four, and cardio is in five."

"who's in the cardio o.r.?" owen asks as they walkes through the crowded hall.

"pierce, the new cardio surgeon." gwen replies. "i wanted to switch with her when she's exhausted."

"okay, guys, kepner needs help with triage downstairs." owen instructs her making her nod and turn around.