one hundred eighteen

it was early in the morning when gwen stood in the lobby from the hospital writing something in a chart.

owen asks the staff to meet up for an announcement.

gwen looked up when she saw mark approaching her.

"i brought hailey to day care." he informs her.

"thank you." gwen smiles.

"morning guys." callie greets them.

"hi." the couple replies.

as derek walked up to them callie grabbed his arm.

"uh, an acoustic neuroma?" callie asks the neurosurgeon outraged.

"oh, boy." derek sighs.

"a long, difficult surgery with a stupid-high post-excision mortality/morbidity?" callie asks.

"wait, that's what you want to start our hand with?" mark asks with raised brows.

"it's my hand." derek reminds them. "and thanks for making it sound so fun."

"you can't try something with a little margin for error?" callie asks.

"i was supposed to operate on jimmy months ago, but then the plane crashed. it has to be today." derek says.

"well, if you can do this, i guess my hand can do anything." mark states.

"still my hand." derek glared at mark.

"okay, folks. let's just start." owen spokes up gaining everyone's attention. "as many of you know, seattle grace-mercy west has suffered a financial setback. the administration is working hard to keep the impact of that setback as small as possible. to that end, we're gonna have to initiate some cost-cutting measures. the board has hired a physician advisor to help."

"what's a physician advisor?" mark asks confused putting his hand on gwen's lower back.

"well, she consults on maximizing efficiency, streamlining processes, assessing where we can trim out budgets." owen explains.

"who to fire and when to fire them?" bailey jokingly asks making the crowd laugh.

"she's here to advise and to help." owen tells them. "i was hoping to introduce her in person, but she seems to be late."

"oh, on her first day? not very efficient." gwen comments making the staff laugh again.

"you can expect to see her in the halls, in your labs, in the o.r." owen continues ignoring gwen's comment.

"so we're gonna have an accountant following us around in the o.r.'s?" derek skepticaly asks.

"she's not an accountant. she's a trained surgeon." owen corrects him. "frankly, she is here to try to help us. thank you for your cooperation."

then owen left as everyone went on doing the things they need to do.

"hey. can i get a minute? it's urgent." gwen turns to mark.

"yeah." mark nods. "for what?"

"you will see." gwen took his hand pushing him into a on call room.

"oh, this is urgent?" mark asks as gwen pushes him on the bed to straddle him.

"yes." gwen replies pushing down his coat. "it's the stupid pregnancy hormones. it makes me want to have sex all the time, urgently."

"i like the stupid hormones." mark smirks as she kissed him.

but then gwen's pager ringed.

"oh, no." she sighs.

"what?" mark asks continue kissing her neck.