one hundred eighty two

it was already dark outside when gwen stood  outside the hospital as a team of surgeons was about to leave seattle. bailey, meredith, mark, callie and jo made up a surgical plan to help people with a special tumor.

gwen finds it a little bizzar as mark showed her pictures of a male body with one leg attached to the mid line of the spine.

so the team is now on it's way to their patient who fell and fractured his pelvis which is why the five have to go to another hospital to perform the surgery earlier than expected.

gwen could tell mark was nervous and excited at the same time. she followed him to the bus that took them to the military hospital.

"you want to come with me?" mark asks as gwen hugs him around his torso.

"god, no. it's still bizzare." gwen laughs. "i'm needed here. and amelia can't take care of all kids."

"this surgery's gonna be amazing." blake tells callie.

"it's not." gwen says causing mark to chuckle. "and we're needed here, blake. you're on my service."

"gwen! we got incoming." april calls her.

"i'm gonna go." gwen says kissing mark. "i love you."

"love you more." mark says kissing her with a smile.

"sloan, come on." meredith shouts.

mark set himself in the car as gwen waved. then the car started driving away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood in the e.r as she was paged by a nurse. she examined a young girl who was brought in together with her whole cheerleader team.

"deluca, where the hell have you been?" gwen shouts at him after she paged him three times. "grab me some kerlix."

"lisa. have you seen lisa?" the young girl asks. "she's our captain."

"let me guess. ponytail, hair bow?" gwen sarcastically replies.

"god, she's gonna be so mad. we didn't stick the final pose, and it wasn't even that hard. it was just a 13-person synchronized liberty twist." maxine explained still in shock.

"thirteen?" deluca asks. "wow."

"pulse is over 130." gwen discovers as the patient starts panting. "run an ekg and a metabolic panel and add a detox."

"nobody was listening to each other." maxine continues. "danielle hit her trick too soon, so everyone else had to match, and-"

"all right, just try to calm down a little, okay?" gwen asks the girl.

"are you kidding? we were in the final round! we were about to qualify for nationals!" maxine says.

"slight tenderness to the abdomen, but i want to do an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay." they hear april says as she wheeled together with the paramedics a young girl through the e.r.

"oh, my god. dani, are you okay?" maxine shouts at her friend.

"everything hurts." dani replies.

"i can't believe this. i- i can't-" maxine's voice suddenly became slurred causing gwen to look at her.

"hey, maxine, are you a little dizzy? maxine?" gwen asks her worried as the girls leans back.

"i am." she nods. "my life is over."

gwen sighs walking over to deluca who stood at the computer at the end of the bed updating maxine's chart.

"page neuro. no telling how hard she hit her head when she fell. her bp's through the roof." gwen instructs andrew.