one hundred thirty

today this gala took place.

gwen wasn't really into it. she never liked galas. not even when she won the harper avery award.

she and mark stood in the bedroom putting on their clothes.

mark wore a black suit and gwen wore a tight black dress.

gwen put on some more lipgloss.

"can you close my dress?" she asks mark.

mark walked up behind her closing her zipper.

"you look stunning, baby." mark smiles kissing her neck. "but i prefer it on the floor."

"you couldn't hold that back, could you?" gwen chuckles.

"you know me." mark nods. "i'll get piper."

he left the room while gwen stood in front of the mirror.

she had her hair straight, light make up.

she put on her black heels before she walked down the stairs to see hailey playing in her little play area.

"are you ready to go?" gwen asks her daughter.

"uh, almost." mark answers who carries piper in carrycot. "someone doesn't want to put her shoes on."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked through the big crowd searching for someone she knows.

she watched some of the circus artists doing tricks.

cristina and callie waved her over when they saw her.

"gwendolyn shepherd, as i live and breathe." cristina greets. "i haven't seen you in ages. how's, uh, mark liking maternity leave?"

"he's on paternity leave." gwen corrects her. "we have a deal. i don't work. neither does he. it's working out well."

"i live in your house. you're bored out of your minds." callie states. "yeah, they've got all this pent-up surgical energy and now everything's a competition."

"it is not." gwen tells her friend.

"and he's winning." callie adds.

"he is not winning." gwen tries to convince them. "he couldn't even get hailey to put her shoes on tonight. i did that. i got her to put her shoes on. so i'm winning." both women looked at her with a raised brow. "i need to come back to work."

"drink?" one of the waiters asks.

but gwen back away when she saw his scary face.

when he was gone the three started to laugh.

"that's the creepiest waiter i've ever seen." cristina laughs.

"bailey's gonna lose her mind." callie comments. "she can't stand clowns. this is gonna be hilarious."

"bailey's not coming." cristina informs them.

"what? wait we can do that?" callie asks. "okay, i have been dreading having to be in the same room with arizona. if this isn't mandatory, i'm going home."

"wait, nobody's going home." jackson orders them as he walked by. "i'm giving 10% of tonight's take to the department that raises the most money. spread the word."

"wow." cristina gasps.

"mark is really good at this kind of thing." gwen confesses. "i should get started before he does."

"oh, i think he already has." callie points behind gwen.

mark stood there flirting with a rich looking woman. gwen got pretty jealous even tho she knew it was for the money.