seventy six

"i lost a baby, i almost lost my brother and i got shot. so i don't care what you do. clear me or don't clear me. i have no control over any of it. i did everything you told me to do. i'm giving up." gwen tells andrew the next day.

"well..." andrew sighs taking out a paper to write on it. "that sounds like a good plan. you're cleared for surgery, gwen."

gwen took the yellow paper standing up and leaving.

"thank you." she calls before closing the door.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked up to mark with a wide smile.

"i got cleared." gwen states smiling showing him the paper kissing him.

"that's great." mark says. "what changed his mind?"

"i don't know. but i'm happy as hell." gwen couldn't stop smiling.

then they both went into a conference room to a meeting with the attendings and perkins. they sat next to each other.

"almost all of the surgeons in your program have been cleared to operate." andrew informs them. "the remaining cases will be referred to dr.wyatt, and she'll clear those people when she feels they're ready."

"what about cristina yang? what's the timeline there?" derek asks.

"dr.perkins felt that we should assign dr.yang to something low-stress for a few months. research, admin duties." webber answered.

"administration? that's the best you can do?" derek asks with a raised brow. "put her on my service."

"she's not on anyone's service, derek." webber tells him. "she'll be in the hospital, she just won't go near a surgery."

"we'll do that, and she'll leave. she will not come back to this program." derek shakes his head. "put her on my service."

"i already tried it, shepherd." owen chimed in.

"hunt's right. she's not ready." callie agrees.

"well, she wasn't ready before. maybe now she is." gwen says. "i think we should give him a shot."

"well, especially if nothing else is working." arizona nods.

"she crawled under a table in the o.r two weeks ago." andrew reminds them.

then all doctors talked at once making it hard to understand them.

"if she goes, i go." derek said making the doctors stop talking.

"that's insane." webber states.

and again all the doctors talked at once. after a while discussing derek walked out of the room to search for cristina.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"hey where could i find dr.shepherd?" a woman asks at the reception.

"you have an appointment?" the nurse asks.

"i don't." the woman shoke her head. "uh, could you just point me in the direction of his office?"

"i'm sorry." the nurse dismisses her making the woman furrying her brows.

"she has that look on her face because the last time someone walked into this hospital looking for dr.shepherd without an appointment, he shot him." gwen explains her.

"gwen! oh." the woman hugged gwen tight. "oh, my god."

"hi, amy." gwen greets her sister.

the two woman let go when mark walked up.