Chapter 7

I woke up and got ready which included showering, picking out an outfit, eating breakfast, and getting ready to leave. It was hot today because it's almost summer so I wore shorts that showed my tattoo, I also wore a black t-shirt crop top, and I had my hair in two Dutch braids pulled back into a low ponytail at the end. I grabbed my keys and drove to school. I pulled up, grabbed my backpack and headed inside. Everyone was looking at me today either from something someone said, the argument that everyone saw yesterday between Hawk and I, or they saw my tattoo. Either way I didn't care and went to my locker. I opened it and a note fell from inside, I picked it up and unfolded it.

"Madilyn I am so sorry and I should have not dared or even made you seem like a joke, Hawk didn't want anything to do with it but I pressured him into it, so if you're going to be mad at anyone be mad at me and not Hawk.-Miguel.

I read the note over and over trying to comprehend it. It was a simple note in itself but it wasn't that, that I was trying to comprehend. I was trying to comprehend that Hawk didn't want to go through with it and didn't want anything to do with it. Did that actually mean he did like me and not because of the stupid dare Miguel pressured him into. Or was it all a lie, that Hawk did want to go with it but when he got caught he knew he was going to fuck up and make me mad so he had Miguel write the note so I would forgive him and then he would continue on playing me like a game. I stood at my locker until the bell rang stopping me from over thinking anymore. I put the note in my backpack and walked to Bio.

When I walked into Bio Hawk was sitting at our desk but he looked like he was tired as if he didn't get any sleep last night and his eyes were all puffy and red like he also was crying at night. I felt bad because I did like Hawk a lot and I hated seeing him so upset. I knew I wasn't completely over what he had done but I was going to trust that Hawk actually didn't want anything to do with the dare and that Miguel is the asshole in this situation.

I walked over to my seat next to Hawk and put my bag down. Hawk looked at me, I saw hurt in his eyes and regret, also he started to tear up again.

"I'm sorry." He spoke quickly.

"Did Miguel pressure you into the dare?" I wanted to know for sure.

He didn't say anything.

"I know you don't want to blame him but he put a note in my locker. Do you know anything about it?" I questioned some more.

"He put a note in your locker?" He looked so confused.

"Yeah you didn't know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I knew he was going to write one but I told him not to because I didn't want you thinking I asked him to do it so you can forgive me." He explained.

"So you didn't want him to explain the situation?" I looked at him with soft eyes.

"No." He simply said.

"And that's because you didn't want me to think you asked him to do it?" I was trying to clear everything up for my sake.

"Exactly." He sighed.

I guess I over thought for nothing, Hawk didn't want him to write the note in the first place. He cared about both of us, me and Miguel. Hawk was a good person in his heart, and he knew what he did wrong at this point, and I don't want him losing sleep and crying over me because even though I was hurt I shouldn't have taken it over board with the yelling at him in front of everyone.

"I forgive you." I smiled sweetly.

"You do?" His face lit up.

"Yeah, even though you did it anyway I knew you didn't want to at the beginning and you were pressured so it's not all completely your fault." I giggled.