Chapter 36

I decided that I needed to put my room back together with all my belongings and do the wash. I grabbed my duffle bags full of clothes and I went downstairs, I looked around until I finally found the laundry room. I put all my clothes in and went straight back to my room. I went into the bathroom and made sure I had everything I needed. I was trying to decide whether I wanted to take a bath or a shower when someone knocked on the door. I walked to the door and opened it, it was Miguel.

"Hey." He was nervous.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to come to check up on you, I know you are taking this whole new change a little different." He explained.

"I'm fine. I am only going to be here at night's on the weekdays." I explained.

"If you ever need anything my room is on the second floor the last door on the left." He smiled.

"Thanks, Miguel." I smiled.

Miguel walked back to his room and as I was about to shut my door Ms. Diaz called out.

"Madilyn, wait I wanted to talk to you." She ran to the door.

"What's wrong, did I do something?" I asked.

"No, you did nothing wrong. I just wanted to let you know that I know I'm not your real mom and I don't expect you to call me mom. I just wanted to know that I am always here for you." She smiled.

"Thank you, Ms. Diaz." I smiled.

"Well have a great night." She walked away.

Ms. Diaz had good intentions, and I'm not mad at her or anything like that. I am just used to being alone and that is what I plan to do.

It was already 10 and I needed to get at least a couple of hours of sleep, so I decided I would just take a shower. I turned on the water and as it got warm I got my pajamas and went back into the bathroom. I got in the shower and just relaxed, I missed Eli and I wasn't going to be able to sleep with him for four nights. I tried to calm down and think positively like I was going to see him in the morning. I finished my shower and got ready for bed. I put my hair in a bun and set my alarm for 4 in the morning. I knew no one was going to be awake, even Abuela. I wanted to keep my distance from everyone as much as I could. I texted Eli goodnight and he texted back right away. I tried to close my eyes and try to fall asleep but I couldn't I tossed and turned for hours. The room was so empty and cold, no warmth was beside me like I was used to. Around 3 in the morning, I finally got fell asleep, I wasn't even in a deep sleep because it felt like I had only slept five minutes. My alarm went off and I got up, I went down to the kitchen for some breakfast. I grabbed some cereal and sat at the table. I quickly ate and then went back to my room. I took another shower because I needed to pass time and that was the only warmth I was getting. I got out of the shower and got dressed in a simple black shirt with light ripped jeans and I just left my hair curly. I made my bed and walked downstairs to the laundry room. I grabbed my clothes and went back upstairs, I had time to fold and put everything away. It was finally time to go. I grabbed my keys and rushed downstairs.

"Hey, Madilyn." Miguel stopped me.

"What's up?" I wanted to leave.

"Can you drive me?" He asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

The car ride was silent, not awkward just silent. We got to school and I hurried in. I saw Eli and ran into his arms. He caught me, hugged me tightly, and spun me around.

"Hey, Princess." He put me down.

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"I didn't really sleep." He sighed.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I questioned.

"No, I just didn't get to the sleeping part." He looked at me.

"I got maybe one hour of sleep too." I hugged him.

This was just dumb, me going back home was not only affecting me but it was affecting Eli and I was not going to let my poor baby lose sleep all because my dad wanted a family.

"We can take a nap after karate." He smiled.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled.

We walked to the office together and got our schedules. We had every class together and I was beyond excited. It really wasn't helping my addiction with Eli but I didn't care.

We had an amazing first day and it was now time for karate. Tory and Miguel sat with us at lunch and everything was back to normal. So, now Eli and I were waiting for Tory and Miguel at the front of the school to pick them up. They finally got in and we drove to karate. As we walked in Sensei Lawrence still wasn't back and it was still Sensei Kreese.

"Welcome back everyone." He looked evil.

We all smiled and greeted him as we got ready.

"Today we will be starting our training for the next competition." He walked through the lines.

"I have great hopes for all of you." He stood in front of me.

"Are you all ready for training to begin?" He starred at me.

"Yes, Sensei." We all shouted in unison.

He finally walked away and explained how the week was going to go. The training was very intense, he had us learning new kicks, punches, and sweeps. He made sure we perfected each of the things he taught us before we moved on. The lesson was finally over and I drove everyone home. When I dropped off Miguel he asked me if I was coming, but I said no I was going to Eli's. He nodded and went inside. I drove Eli and I to his house and there we took a long nap together and even ate dinner like we usually did in summer. After dinner, I helped clean, and then I said my goodbye's once again and went to my dad's.

I went straight to my room and read, there was no point in trying to sleep when I couldn't. By the time I knew it was already 4 in the morning and it was time to start my day.

This chapter is a little short because some big changes are going to be happening next chapter. Also, the next chapter will be out today, I am trying to get it done by 5:30 or 6 PTS. (Pacific standard time, so check for the next chapter around that time or put a comment and I will remind you when the chapter is up. :)