Chapter 16

Hawk's POV:

I called my mom to tell her what happened, she was worried about Madilyn and I. She knew I loved Madilyn with all my heart and if anything happened to her I would be destroyed. She ended up coming to the hospital with a change of clothes for me and some food. I ate and changed, we waited in the waiting room with no news for about 2 hours now.

"Honey, I know you want to be here but you need to shower it's already late." My mom rubbed my back.

"I can' leave what if she comes back." I didn't want to leave.

"I'll have your dad come pick you up and I'll wait here, and if there's any news I'll call you right away." My mom spoke softly.

"Fine, but promise as soon as you hear something call me." I made sure to get my point across.

She nodded and called my dad, I walked out to the front of the hospital to wait for my dad. Shortly my dad came and picked me up, I told him to go kind of fast just in case. He agreed and got me home quickly, I ran straight to my room and showered. I quickly washed all the gel out of my hair and washed my body. I got out wrapped the towel around my waist and went to my drawers, I grabbed a pair of sweats, a plain black shirt and I didn't even care about my hair, I just left it down. I then rushed back downstairs and told my dad I was ready to go. My dad rushed me back to the hospital and dropped me off. I ran inside and went straight to the waiting room. My mom was waiting looking at her phone and I saw the doctor that took Madilyn into surgery and he was headed our way.

"Hello, I'm doctor Jacobs." He shook my hand.

"Your Madilyn's father?" I asked.

"Yes, and you must be Eli." He smiled and shook my hand.

"Yeah that's me and this is my mom." I gestured to my mom.

"Madilyn tells me about you all the time it's nice to meet you even under these circumstances." He sighed.

"Is she ok?" I wanted to know if my Princess was going to be ok.

"When the accident happened she hit something hard and it broke two of her upper ribs. The broken rib hit her lung and that was causing the internal bleeding. I repaired her lung and her ribs have to heal on their own. She is asleep still but I will allow you to go see her if you would like." Mr. Jacobs explained.

"So she's going to be ok?" I wanted to make sure.

"She might not be able to do karate for a little while until her ribs heal but other than that she will be just fine." Mr. Jacobs smiled.

"I can go see her right?" I asked.

"Yeah follow me." He started walking.

I looked at my mom and she nodded for me to go. I followed Mr. Jacobs through some halls and with each passing room I got more and more excited to see her and to know she was going to be ok. We finally got down to the end of the hall and it was the last room on the right. Mr. Jacobs opened the door and let me in, and he walked away. There was a curtain blocking her bed and I slowly walked closer and closer. I pulled back the curtain and Madilyn was sleeping peacefully. Her lip was busted and she had stitches on her eyebrow. I put the chair that was in the corner next to her bed. I sat down and I grabbed her hand. I stroked it softly and kissed it. She shifted around and I looked up from looking at her hand.

Madilyn's POV:

I couldn't hear anything for a long while, I was just floating in my mind. I could feel the pain but I couldn't talk or even open my eyes. I knew some of my ribs were broken from another injury I had a couple of years back. After a while, I started to hear people's voices, and I felt someone's hand holding mine. It was Hawk, I recognized his voice and his touch, he was talking to someone. I recognized the other voice and it was my dad. I had to be in the hospital, and I'm guessing I was headed to surgery.