Chapter 11

"So, what was bothering you at lunch?" Eli asked.

"I am just thinking about Mikey's court date." I was only talking about half of the whole situation.

"I know we haven't really talked about it, so I get it." He took a bite.

"What do you think about all of it?" I questioned.

"I really love him and I don't want to let him go." He explained.

"So, you want to adopt him for real?" I was making sure.

"Yeah, I really do." Eli smiled to himself.

It made me happy that we were on the same page about Mikey.

"Do you want to keep him?" Eli asked.

"I can't let him go. We are all he has ever known and I can't even think what life would be like for him if we do let him go." I explained.

"That's why I think we should keep him." Eli sighed.

"Yeah, I can't let him go." I sighed.

"We should adopt him and become his for real parents." Eli held my hand.

"I like the idea. His social worker is coming by later on so I'll tell her we want to go through with her offer and adopt him." I smiled.

"I am so excited." Eli laughed.

"Me too." I loved when Eli smiled.

"So, is that all you wanted to tell me?" He questioned.

"I just had a scenario-type question." I explained.

"What is it?" He took a bite of his food.

"What if I was pregnant, would he still go through and adopt Mikey?" My heart was going 100 miles per hour.

"I mean it would be hard to take care of both of the babies when ours would be born but I think we could do it." Eli smiled.

"So, that's a yes then?" I wanted to make sure before I said anything further.

"Yes, we would keep Mikey if you were pregnant and we would then be parents of two beautiful kids. Also, we could figure out a new plan for our living situation and prepare for two kids. We would just figure everything out as we go." Eli smiled brightly.

"Well, on that note. What if I was pregnant like for real?" This was the way I was going to tell him.

"Wait." He looked at me.

"I hope you're ready for two kids." I smiled awkwardly.

"You're pregnant?" He was wide-eyed.

I nodded my head yes and smiled.

"Are you serious?" He didn't believe it.

"I went to Becka yesterday before lunch and she confirmed that I was three and a half weeks." I was so excited.

"Holy shit." Eli was completely shocked.

"Are you ok?" I was getting worried.

"I am more than ok. I am going to be a dad of two." Eli stood up and picked me up and spun me around.

"I know." I laughed.

Eli finally set me down and kissed me passionately.

"There's a baby in there." He got down, placed his hands on my tummy, and looked at it.

"Yes, there is." I laughed.

"I knew there was one. Hey, there little guy or girl it doesn't matter. I am your dad and I can't wait to meet you. Also, I told your mom that you were in there but she denied it." Eli was talking to my tummy.

I laughed at him and watched him start to kiss my tummy all over.

"I have to call mom." Eli stood up.

"I have a better idea." I smiled.

"What is it?" He asked excitedly.

"We are going to see them tomorrow because it's our day off, right?" I questioned.

"Right." He was eager.

"I say we get a box, wrap it, get a t-shirt and I can use my cricket machine to put "Grandma of two" on it. And for dad, so he doesn't feel left out we can get a box, wrap it, and in his shirt, it can say "Grandpa of two." They loved shirts so I knew this was a perfect idea.

"Yes, that's a great idea. They love shirts. What about your dad though, and Miguel, Tory, Miguel's mom?" He questioned.

"None of them even know about Mikey since we haven't gone to dinner with them the last couple of weeks. So, this week we can go to dinner with them, show them Mikey and that we are going to adopt him, then we can tell them I am also pregnant." I wasn't going to go all out for my dad because he hasn't really been part of my life except for the Sundays we did go to dinner.

Was I favoring Eli's parents? Yes, because I have been closer with them since high school and that whole situation with my dad just messed everything up. As for Miguel, and Tory I loved them so much they are our best friends but since everyone has been so busy with our lives we haven't talked much. So, going to dinner with them and catching up won't be so bad. I know Tory and Miguel are going to be so excited to be Aunt and Uncle. Plus, Rosey is going to have two cousins now even though they are younger than her she is going to love them.

"Wanna go get the shirts?" He smiled.

"Yeah." I smiled.

We finished our breakfast and cleaned the kitchen real quick. We didn't shower since we showered when we got home. We just threw on some clothes and got Mikey dressed. I placed him in his car seat and made sure I didn't wake him up since he was still asleep. We drove to the store and got two plain black shirts and a couple of things we needed. We got more formula, new bottles, diapers, wipes, and some other stuff for both us and Mikey. We went home, fed Mikey, played with him until he was tired, then we put him to sleep. We took an hour nap before we got up and got ready for work. Of course, Eli and I matched and we had matched Mikey's outfit to ours. We packed got everything ready and headed to work.

I am so sorry for not posting in such a long time I have been going through some stuff mentally, and also I am in the process of moving so it has been really stressful. I posted these two chapters because I felt bad for leaving you guys with out some updates so here they are and I will try my absolute hardest to write/edit/ and post the next chapter within a couple of weeks. I am so sorry for the long wait again and I'm sorry I'm making you guys wait a couple more weeks. Just know I love all of you and appreciate every single one of you will all my heart, you are the reasons I keep going to write and post.

Love, Maddie <3