Chapter 30

This chapter is going to be a little sad so I am just letting you guys know ahead of time.

"Oh, Madilyn I didn't know you were going to be home." My dad was nervous.

"Yeah, I came home from Eli's house to see you." I shocked.

"You didn't have to do that." He had an unreadable expression.

"I thought since you've been gone for two weeks you would have missed me a little." I was heartbroken.

"I did miss you." He now regretted what he said.

"No, it's fine." I was fighting back tears.

"Madilyn, I didn't mean it like that." He started to walk up to me.

"No, it's fine. You said what you said." I was trying to act unbothered.

"Madilyn, stop. We have a guest." The woman stepped out from behind my dad.

"Hi, Madilyn." She smiled.

It was fucking Ms. Diaz. Miguel's mom was at my house with my dad.

"What are you doing here?" I asked nicely.

"I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now, but I didn't know how you would react." My dad explained.

"Well, tell me now." I was still trying to fight tears.

"Ms. Diaz, and I have been dating for about 6 months now." He explained.

"We haven't even lived here for 6 months." I was confused.

"I know, but I met her a couple of months before we moved." He wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Was this why we moved?" I wanted to know the truth.

"It was part of the reason." He smiled.

I just nodded.

"I'm sorry Madilyn, I wanted to tell you but I couldn't." Ms. Diaz reached out to me.

"No, it's ok. I get it." I was trying to sound as nice as I possibly could.

"Madilyn, are you ok? You don't look too well." My dad looked at me worried.

At this point, I did what my therapist told me to do when my feelings got too intense. I took a deep breath and put them in a jar mentally. I now didn't feel any feelings.

"I'm fine. I just need some air." I grabbed my keys.

"Madilyn, it's late." My dad started.

"I need some air. Don't worry about me." I walked out.

I got in my car and went to the gas station. I grabbed a Dr. Pepper and a KITKAT and filled up my tank full of gas. I got back in my car and turned my phone off. I drove and drove until I ended up at my mom's grave which was 6 hours away.

I walked to her grave and sat down.

Some of you might be thinking that I am overacting and I should be happy for my dad but this wasn't easy. I have lived without a mother for years, and my dad wants to finally get another wife. My dad has always told me he could never love another woman after my mom, but he lied. Ms. Diaz was a great person but I could never see her as my step-mom. What does this mean for me, I have basically raised myself for so long without anyone. This meant I would be having a stepbrother, Miguel. Miguel was a great guy but I don't know if I could live in the same house as him. This relationship can turn my world upside down, I am not ready for this. Speaking of Miguel, I wonder if he knew about this. He had every chance to tell me about it but he didn't, but I don't even know if he knew or not. It was now time to open the jar with all my feelings and deal with them. I opened the jar mentally and broke down crying, how could my dad do this to me, what in the world is he thinking. Did he not think about how I would feel about this, I never had a mother in the first place why would I need or want one to know especially someone's mother I am friends with. I decided that I was going to turn on my phone and call Miguel to find out if he knew.