Chapter 24

I took everyone home that night so I was all by myself tonight until tomorrow. There was going to be a party at the beach and I had to pick everyone up to go. I decided tonight I was going to just chill and have a relaxing night. I went to my room after I got home and started the shower. I went grabbed my speaker and turned on my laptop. I opened Spotify and turned on my speaker so I could connect it. I played my relaxing/simp playlist. I brought the speaker into the bathroom and turned it full blast. I stripped my clothes and I looked at myself in the mirror. I had bruises on my hips in the shape of handprints. God damn, I thought to myself Hawk has a strong-ass grip. I got in the shower and just stood there listening to the music play, it echoed in the bathroom so it was so much better. I finally showered after an hour and got out. I looked at my phone to make sure no one called or texted because I had my phone on silent and luckily no one called or texted. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a pair of cozy pajama shorts and a tank top. I then grabbed a book off the shelf and sat on my bed. I was about halfway through the book when I got a phone call from an unknown number. I had a feeling in my gut so I answered.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Madilyn it's Hawk's mom." She sounded worried.

"Hi, Mrs. Moskowitz." I was trying to stay calm.

"Can you come over?" She asked.

"Yeah of course. Is there something wrong?" I hoped nothing happened to Hawk.

"It's Eli, I'll explain everything when you get here." She hung up.

I was worried sick about what happened. It was two in the morning. What if he died or something or got seriously hurt. I couldn't live without him and I don't know what I would do without him. I grabbed my keys and threw on my jacket and shoes and sped over to his house. I pulled up in the driveway and rushed to the door. I knocked and right away Mrs. Moskowitz answered the door.

"Come in." She let me in.

"Is Eli ok?" I was worried sick.

"Sit down." She took my hand and led me to the couch.

This freaked me out and I was trying to have a panic attack.

"What's going on?" I sat and she sat right next to me.

"I don't know if Eli ever told you but he used to get these nightmares all the time. He hasn't had any since the day he met you but he had one tonight and he keeps asking for you. I tried everything to calm him down but he just kept asking for you." Mrs. Moskowitz explained.

I let out a sigh of relief. I know he is not in the right state of mind and the nightmare scared him but I would rather drive to his house at two in the morning than rather him be dead or hurt.

"He's never told me." I explained.

"Well, now you know. Just to let you know he is crying and I know you don't like to see him cry so I am just warning you." She stood.

She knew I never liked to see him hurt and cry but I had to be strong for him. It was my turn to be there for him.

She led me to his room and she knocked on the door.

"Eli, Madilyn is here." She talked through the door and then left.

"Hey babe, can you let me in?" The door was locked.

I heard the door click but he didn't open it.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah." Was the only answer I got.

I opened the door and he was on his bed cradling himself and crying. I shut the door behind me and walked to the bed. I sat down and placed my hand on his arm.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I knew what happened but I wanted him to tell me for himself.

"I had a nightmare." He sniffled.

"Baby I'm sorry." I felt so bad.

I scooted to the other side of his bed next to him.

"Come here." I opened my arms.

He finally lifted his head and his eyes had tears and they were all red and puffy. He crawled into my arms placing his head on my shoulder and snuggle into my neck. He wrapped his arms around me and started to cry again.

"Awe baby it's ok, I'm here now." I rubbed him back.

"I'm sorry." He cried.

"You didn't do anything." I felt so bad.

"I had my mom call you and it's two in the morning." He cried.

"Baby, I was awake. I'm glad you called, I would rather you call me than cry by yourself in your room." I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for coming." He cried.

"I will always come when you need me. What was your nightmare about?" I rubbed his back.

"We broke up and I lost you forever and it was all my fault, and every time I tried to wake up I couldn't it felt so real." He cried.

"Baby I'm so sorry. It wasn't real, I'm here and I will never leave you I promise." I kissed his cheek again.

"I love you, please don't ever leave." He cried.

"I love you too, and I will never leave." I held him close.

I rubbed his back and gave him occasional kisses on his cheek, but most importantly I held him close and tight so he felt secure and he knew I wasn't leaving. He fell asleep because his breath became steady on my neck and he wasn't hiccupping from crying. About an hour later Mrs. Moskowitz came into the room and came by the bed.

"Thank you Madilyn." She smiled.

"Anytime, I'm always here for him." I looked at him.

"He fell asleep?" She leaned over trying to see.

"Yeah, about an hour ago." I explained.

"We are so lucky to have you part of this family." She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm glad to be in this family." I smiled.

"Get some sleep sweety, it's pretty late." She walked out and closed the door.

I put my head on top of his and kissed him one more time on his cheek before closing my eyes and falling asleep.