(7)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"Lannister." I gripped the metal railing that Calvin was leaning against, my nerves shooting all over the place by just glancing at his annoyed expression.

"Collins. You're 5 minutes late."

"I'm sor-"

"Get into the conference room." I nodded my head before proceeding to jog into the huge room already occupied by many other agents. Looking around, I spotted Rodriguez sitting next to an empty chair which he motioned me to sit in once we made eye contact.

Lowering myself into the chair, I glanced around the packed room once more before leaning close to Derek's ear. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean what's going on?..." There was a puzzled expression on his face, but I had one just as confused on mine. "We had to deactivate bombs in the building this morning." He whispered sternly in my ear. What? Before I was able to speak, Calvin came bursting through the double doors, two agents behind him as he walked up to the front of the room.

"So..." Everyone fell silent as soon as he spoke. "As you all may know, we had to deactivate 4 bombs in this building this morning. I know some of you were not present for this to happen," Lannister looked in my direction, and I felt my body go rigid. "I wanted to let you know that everything is ok, but we were targeted by someone and we need to find out who it is. All divisions will be working together in unity to find out who did this."

A series of murmurs and whispers erupted from the room, people all curious on how the different divisions would work together. There was criminal investigation, uniformed division, assassination, and business.

"I will be assigning you into groups. The first group is with me, we will be the primary leads on finding out information..." More whispers erupted. "Collins, Rodriguez, Thompson, Williams, Ryder, Hems, and Davis." That was one solid ass team... the best of the best. "Come with me."

Those of us who had been called rose from our seats and made our way towards the exit to enter Lannister's office.

As we stepped in side, a few took their seats and the others stood around the room. I stood in the corner closest to the door, uncomfortableness taking over my body as I realized I was the only girl on the team. I felt a cold hand on my back, startling me as I turned to the side to see who it may be.

"Collins." There was a huge smile occupying Axel Ryder's face. I hadn't actually met him before, but I heard outstanding things and read amazing reports. He was apart of criminal investigation and he was top of his game. I wouldn't lie and say that he wasn't attractive, his hair was perfectly textured and he had a confident demeanor, not to mention the tattoos that drowned his body. His black short sleeve shirt allowed me to see all of the staggered tattoos that occupied his arms.

"Ryder." I shot him back a smile, one not exactly intentional but instead caused by the butterflies in my stomach.

"I've heard great things about you Sage... I'm hoping we will make an amazing team." Axel shot me a devilish wink before walking across the room to stand next to Lannister. Oh boy.

"So... I didn't tell the others this because I do not trust them as much as I trust you guys. Please do not make me regret this decision."

Lannister walked over to the projector and pressed a button, the wall in front of him glowing before presenting an image. The picture was a security image of three men who had stupidly taken their masks off, their faces openly shown on the screen.