(31)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"Nico." I tried to suppress the intense feelings of hatred towards him as I watched him take a deep breath. His face was slightly bruised... I wonder where that's from.

"Sage I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I'm trying to be as honest as possible, but this is all new to me. I care about you..." Oh, do you now?

"I don't want to talk right now." I tried to close the door but his foot stopped me from doing so.

I felt the cool metal behind my back, my head screaming at me for not killing him right at this very moment. Nico slipped off his wet jacket, holding it in between his hands as his wet shirt slightly sculpted his body. Fuck him for being so beautiful.

"We need to talk right now."

I crossed my arms, leaning against the door frame as I shot him a look of daggers. "Speak." You don't even know how badly I want to end your life right now, Nico.

"I was in the wrong. I should have told you that I was still a double agent."

And that you're on my case.

"Honesty is important... I realize that now."

I tried to change the subject. "What happened to your face?" I watched Nico carefully, his body leaning against the doorframe as well.

"Some guys at the bar... beat me up."

"Why?"

"Apparently, they thought I was a child molester." Nico let out a small smile from the corner of his lips, his hand running through his hair once again.

I pressed my lips together to try to ignore the laughter that was about to escape my mouth. I didn't want to give him the reaction he wanted, but that was completely deserved.

"It's not too bad, you will be fine. Is that all you had to say?" I proceeded to try to close the door once again and I could tell Nico was shocked by my reaction. I wasn't going to give him any reaction he desired.

"What, you're not going to help me like usual?"

"It doesn't need anything more than a band aid... what you can't put a band aid on yourself?"

Nico took a deep breath, folding his arms into his chest and running his tongue along the outside of his teeth. "Are you really that pissed at me for lying about being a double agent?"

"Do you hear how stupid you sound?" Seriously, even if I didn't eavesdrop on his conversation, I'm smart enough to know that he is still trying to take my agency down. Eventually, since Sage is so smart, I'd figure out he is trying to kill me as well. "If you destroy my agency, I'm destroying you."

"I thought you were done with trying to kill me?" Not anymore. "Can I come in? I'm freezing."

He can freeze to death for all I care. Nico looked down at the clothes that occupied my body, his eyebrows quickly furrowing together as he stared at my all black fashion choice. Shit, will he notice?

"No, you cannot come in." That only seemed more suspicious to Nico.

"Where were you tonight?" Nico shoved himself past me, the door hitting the back of my wall. He was strong when he wanted to be.

"In my apartment, why?" Nico grabbed my arm, pulling my body close to him so that we were now inches away. I'm not starting with this shit again. "I swear to god Nico, you better get your hands off of me right now."