(23)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Driving up to the club location they gave me, Nico was leaning on top of Axel to use him as support. I watched as he wrapped his arm around Axel's neck, his hair falling over his face and his eyes darting around rapidly. As soon as Nico spotted my car, a big smile occupied his face. Jesus.

"Get in." I shouted through the window, putting my car in park as I waited for Nico to stop stumbling and finally gain some balance.

"Whooo." Axel exhaled deeply, plopping into the seat next to drunk Nico and throwing his head back. "Sorry for calling you so late." I shot him a glare from the rearview mirror before beginning to drive.

"I don't understand why you felt the need to go to the club in the first place." Ok, now I was sure I just sounded like an old fart. When was the last time I've even been to the club? Oh that's right, for a mission. Work consumed my time more than I would like, and Lannister wasn't very forgiving.

"What do you mean you don't understand? What are you... 80?" Axel started chuckling, but I wasn't very amused. "Please tell me you have at least been to a club before."

"Of course I've been to a club! I'm not that boring."

Nico felt the need to chime in, his head facing the ground and his body heavily slumped. "You're still boring to me. We need to get you out more or you will turn into a shriveled raisin. Axel and I are ripe." Nico popped the "p" at the end of his sentence, still lying diagonally across the car seat. What was he even talking about?

"Put on your seatbelt Nico."

"Huh?" Nico was staring at me through the mirror, shooting me a bright smile that showed off all of his teeth.

"Put on your seatbelt." I spoke more harsh through gritted teeth, watching as he struggled for a good minute before it finally clicked in.

"Sorry baby."

"Not your baby." I rolled my eyes before refocusing on the road in front of me. Axel snickered, rolling down the window and taking in the cool breeze.

"Make a left!" Axel shouted into my ear, my hands turning the wheel sharply before the car balanced itself once again.

"Jesus Christ Axel! I would appreciate it if you told me directions before we come to the stop." I have never sounded so unprofessional in my life. Just thinking about having to face Axel at work after this made me cringe.

"Sorry baby." Now I was officially disgusted by this whole situation.

"Do not call me baby. Both of you!"

"Bye Sage I-" Cutting Axel off, I narrowed my eyes onto his face and waited for him to get out of the car. He lived in a decent size house, one the consisted of many windows and two floors. Was I the only one getting underpaid? What was it with these men and their wads of money.

"Get out."

"My goodness, ok woman. See you at work darling."

"I swear to god, Ryder." He rolled his eyes, taking his hands off from resting on my window and then half stumbling inside of his house. Now it was just Nico and I... great.

"Nico, where do you live?" Nico was now lying all the way across the backseat, his legs still on the ground since there wasn't enough room for his big body to lay comfortably.

"I thought I was gonna go back to your apartment!"

"Do you know that I got a noise complaint and the police showed up at my door? I'm taking you home. " Nico began to laugh, halfway through letting out a violent cough with his deep voice.