(40)

40th chapter!!!!! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"Thank you."

Nico looked sideways towards the view of the city, his hands on top of the table while he played with his thumbs. "No problem, Sagie."

"Why do you still call me Sagie?" I placed the palm of my hand on top of Nico's fist and bit the inside of my lip. I seriously wanted to know.

"Do you want me to stop calling you Sagie?"

Not at all.

Silence.

"You didn't answer my question."

Nico looked into my eyes and leaned forwards towards the table. "Because it reminds me that we have a connection."

"Do you forget that you have feelings for me or something?" I wasn't joking, I was seriously asking. I tried to grab my glass of water, but Nico pulled my hand back and intertwined our fingers together.

"Yes."

"Yes?"

Our conversation was interrupted by the waiter who was already coming out with our food. How early did he order everything? The waiter placed multiple plates of food in front of me and I tried to keep up with all the smells.

Nico stole some plates and dragged them to his side before thanking the waiter and slipping his utensils out of his napkin. I grabbed my utensils too and dug into the first plate. Let me tell you, I am so fucking hungry.

While mid-chew, I tried to continue our last topic of conversation. "What do you mean you forget you have feelings for me?"

Nico stopped chewing, looked up at my face, and rolled his eyes. Wow. "It's nothing."

"Apparently, it's something." I finally grabbed my glass of water and washed down my food before proceeding to stare at Nico once again. His posture changed and his jaw was clenched like always.

"I don't know..." Nico started to pick at his food, his head moving around in a circle as he tried to avoid eye contact as well. "Sometimes I can only process emotions if I see reactions."

Well, that wasn't normal. I nodded my head and cleared my throat before continuing to eat through my food. I realized that before... I just never said anything. This could be anything, but understanding his back story a little better, I think he was just a sociopath. I also think he has PTSD and is a sexual sadist so... that doesn't help much. I never took it too seriously. Right now wasn't like other times where he was angry or horny, he was vulnerable and calm... for the most part.

Nico tugged at the collar of his shirt and ran his fingers through his hair. "Get that stupid look off of your face before I take it off for you." The calmness was short-lived.

"Yeah, ok daddy."

"Stop it." Nico saw my smirk followed with a wide smile and automatically rolled his eyes. "You're not funny... at all."

"How kind."

I wanted to ask Nico about his brother, but I didn't want to get too personal. So, I just decided to finish the food in front of me and take in the calm before the storm I knew was bound to happen. Good never lasts forever.

"There's one more thing I want to show you." Nico placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me forwards onto the elevator of the building.

I let him guide me with ease, my submissive side already unleashed when he said he was paying for everything.