(12)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

"Third bomb planted. 1 minute and 30 seconds to get out of the building."

"I don't know what I ever thought we had-I don't... get off of me!" My foot kicked him in the shins, sending him slightly stumbling backwards. He locked his arm around my neck, holding me in a headlock while I was pressed against his body.
Grabbing his hands, I tried so hard to get a grip and pry them off, but he was too strong.

"Sage..." I wasn't listening to him. My elbows were being thrown all over the place and scratching whatever I could get my hands on. "Sage! I got you away from the bomb, do you remember?" That day I had shown up late to work because Nico had forced me into his car and took me to the park.

"Sage, you need to get out of the building... why is your camera off?"

I stood still, my hands falling down to my side as his heavy breathing stayed on the back of my neck. I wasn't exactly sure what I was thinking, but I knew I had to get out of this building now before I died.

My body weight was against Nico's, my mind becoming more tired and weak as I struggled to gather enough stamina to move once again. Nico had been draining me, but I couldn't leave him here to die. I knew it would be something I would always regret.

"Come with me now and don't ask questions or I'll kill you." He released me, my arm grabbing his wrist as I dragged him out of the building. People were still busily working so no one had even noticed us jogging towards the exit.

"Collins! It's on a fucking timer!" This voice was now Rodriguez's, his scream loud over my device. My face scrunched up in response to his hoarse yell.

I shoved my shoulder into the double doors, quickly walking through the hallway full speed, Nico jogging behind me. I squeezed Nico harder than I had anticipated, the thought of loosing him somehow creating a pained emotion in my heart and I did not know why. My heart was racing as I thought about how much time I had left since no one was exactly informing me. My feet quickly hit the steps below me, my legs moving too fast for my body and causing me to trip. Shit, shit, shit.

Nico pulled on the back of my shirt, steadying me once again before I nodded my head towards him and continued to drag him through the building. "I need you to run full speed Nico... and as soon as we exit, go home."

"Why? What's going on?"

"Collins!"

"Just listen to me, please!" My voice was filled with desperation I didn't know I had in me. As we hit the last step, I started running as fast as I could towards the exit door of the building, my nerves all over the place as my heart felt like it was going to have a heart attack. Nico ran next to me, his legs moving slightly faster than mine as he reached the door first, shoving it open so that I could follow.

Before we knew it, our bodies were being carried forward by the strong gust of wind hitting our backs just as we stepped outside. We flew forwards, my eyes sealed shut as I braced for impact. I hit the ground harshly, my hands colliding with the concrete floor and sending a burning sensation through my skin. My body did a somersault into the pavement, a yelp escaping me before Nico's groan brought me back to reality.

"Collins, are you there? We have to leave in 30 goddamn seconds."

I rolled my body over to Nico's, leaning into his ear as I tried to ignore the pain traveling throughout my body. "Go home now. I'll see you later, I promise." With that, I left him on the ground, running to the best of my ability towards the back of the parking lot. Pain was shooting up my leg and my hands felt like they had been skinned off. I bit my lip to ignore all of it and seeing the van encouraged me to run faster.