(16)

Sorry for the late update, I've been so busy with school! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

The house was buzzing with people in every direction possible, the chatter making me want to rip my ears out. I gripped Nico's arm more tightly my eyes scanning the room for my family. Nope, I can't do this.

"Alright, let's go." Pivoting around, I started dragging Nico back towards the front door, but a body got in my way.

"Sagie!" Fuck.

The man that stood in front of me was my father, clearly already intoxicated with the way he was swaying side to side and the huge smile on his face. "Oh, dad!" I shot him a forced smile as I cringed at the long hug he was holding me in. Nico's hand never left my side, still stretched out and embracing mine as my father strangled me.

"How have you been my sweetheart?" Sweetheart? Yeah, no. I had always had issues with my parents since we were complete opposites. My dad is the devil and my mom is the devil. It's fire on fire and caused more issues than I could count in their marriage. My dad was a hard ass from the very beginning of time and I honestly don't know what my parents saw in each other. It was too much for me. I fell back to Nico's side, squeezing his hands so hard I could feel my knuckles turning white, but he didn't budge.

"I've been great! How are you?" Another forced smile occupied my face, Nico waiting patiently to be recognized.

"Never mind me, who is this fellow?" My dad took a double take at Nico, examining some tattoos that poked out above his collar and the fact that he was more muscular than he would ever be.

"Dad... this is N-" Nico cut me off, grabbing my dad's hand to properly introduce himself. My dad pulled back at his moment, finally giving in and shaking hands.

"Nico. Sage's boyfriend." My dad raised an eyebrow, looking between us before breaking out into another drunken smile.

"I'm so happy for you Sagie." My father leaned in to kiss my cheek but I leaned back, an awkward moment of silence before he cleared his throat and looked behind me. "Your sister is in her bedroom if you wanted to say hi." And just like that, Nico and I were left alone to fend for ourselves once again.

"Do you want to say hi to your sister?" I shook my head side to side, grabbing a glass of champagne that a server was passing around on a tray before focusing my attention to Nico.

"Thank you for being cooperative so far." Nico shrugged and watched me as I downed the whole glass and placed it on another tray that was being passed around.

"Someone is approaching us, and he looks pretty douchey. Definitely Ryan." What was up with my karma lately? I turned my head towards where Nico was directing his attention, and of course, the one and only Ryan was walking towards me.

"Sage." Ryan barely glanced at Nico, keeping his eyes locked on mine as he came to a stop inches away from my face.

"Ryan, how nice to see you." I visibly rolled my eyes, gripping Nico closer as I glared at the disgusting human in front of me. 

"I'm glad you could show up today." There was a very uncalled smile on his face that made me want to stab him a million times. He was marrying my sister. That's all I need to hate him forever. I thought my relationship with Ryan was solid until he started getting in my way of work, but he didn't know that. It wasn't just that, it was the fact that he was clingy and hypocritical considering the fact that I found sexting messages between him and several other woman. So, I hooked up with Rodriguez to make him mad, and I did. He called off the relationship "first", throwing a fit in my apartment before I threw all of his clothing out of the window. Great times.