(30)

I'm so sorry for the late update! I have been more busy than I expected. Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Nico

"I'm on a mission to find out as much information, frame her, and then kill her..." Axel's expression didn't change at my sympathy. "Anyways, she makes me feel good like I'm becoming a better person or some shit." Don't get me wrong, cleaning her apartment, cleaning the stab wound I caused, saving her from bombs... that shit was all genuine. I'm not genuine. That's why I'm saying I like her in the first place. I don't know what liking someone is like or loving someone, any of that bullshit. I just know that those were all chances where I easily could have killed her and I didn't. 

I'm glad I waited. Now I had more than enough information for Terry Anderson, my boss, and I could finally be done with this shit. I don't want to have to betray her, but I'm better at my job than she is. I'm just going to be honest... I have her wrapped under my finger.

There are times where I enjoy our moments, the sex obviously. I was convinced there was nothing more that made me happy like being rough in bed with someone. I liked meeting her family, I loved our arguments, I liked seeing her in pain. I loved the way she moaned my name and became completely submissive... I loved the way I could control her so easily. What I loved most of all was that she was mine.

I have said this before, but even if the relationship wasn't completely mutual, she has to be completely mine. I liked her body the most and yes, sometimes I became jealous but unlike Sage... I have no problem killing people who are important to me. I am possessive and I don't mind it. Not when it comes to Sagie.

"Come on, we were doing so great." Axel took my drink, sipping on the hard liquor rather quickly. "I know..." Axel paused, taking a moment to think about his next words. "Man, I know she helped you with your drinking, but you're getting half a mil... that's more important. That's 5 times more than both our salaries, don't throw it away for some broken chick." Yes, Sage was worth that much money. She's the best of the best. Axel leaned back against his chair, the palm of his hands behind his back as he took a deep breath. "I'm already getting paid mad dough for working there."

Axel works at my agency, he's also a double agent. There was no doubt that he was a better actor... especially when he had a lot to drink. I was 100% positive he could convince anyone on the street that the earth was a fucking square if he wanted to.

"Hey trust me, I'm not throwing it away. I'm just thinking so let me be, jackass."

"You're the one who told me, idiot." Axel made sure to speak back. I shoved Axel lightly with my arm.

Sage was good, but I was better. Lately she has been off her game, which was my job and so far I had been successful. Sage had become soft for me... it really was unfortunate. Before all of this had occurred, she was a lot more heartless. You could see the bright smile on her face as she slaughtered people's throats.

***

Flashback (2 years ago)

Sage watched her surroundings carefully, trying to piece out the shadow-like figure that was poking out of storage room. She was carrying two bodies in each of her hands, which weighed her down significantly and distracted her from being attentive to detail. She had to get rid of all evidence.

There were running footsteps coming from all directions of her body and she knew she had to fight. "Shit." Sage did a full body turn, her dagger plunging into the neck of one of the workers. She took her time, of course, wriggling the blade around in the man's flesh as his face contorted with pain. Sage loved this. Pulling out rather harshly, she started running towards the rest of the men, letting out an almost animalistic yell as she used the full force of her fists to beat them down to the pulp... and she did. Sage examined the blood that was now painting her knuckles and she carried a beaming smile. Nothing made her happier than being able to see the damage she had inflicted on her victims.