(20)

20th chapter!! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Axel held a martini glass between his fingers, biting an olive off of his toothpick. We sat in a booth at some bar I wasn't quite familiar with, and Nico sat painfully silent next to me.

My drink was a gin and tonic, something strong for the situation that I was in. Nico, surprisingly, didn't ask for a drink which I found ironic considering how much he liked to fill his body with liquor.

"Take the pill, don't be shy." Axel was only making the situation worse, staring at the box that lay flat on the tabletop. Jesus Christ.

"I don't appreciate your unnecessary commentary, Ryder." Snatching the box, I popped the pill into my mouth and took a long sip of my alcohol.

"I think my commentary is quite necessary." He was always a flirty one, just like Nico. I shot him a glare, taking another sip out of my drink.

"Why don't you tell me how you and Nico know each other?" I spoke briskly. Axel glanced at Nico and they both held a small smile on their faces.

"Family friends." Nico shrugged clasping his hands together.

"I even knew Nico's parents before they died. Nico and I grew up with each other." Axel sat all the way back against the booth, his legs spread out as he took another sip out of his martini.

"Always been by my side isn't that right Axel?" Axel held a big smile on his face. It was clear they liked to keep their privacy because what they just said really didn't give me much information at all.

"If I would've known that you knew Nico, I would've planned this drink session a while ago." Axel shot me a wink before he proceeded to call the waiter over to our table. "I think we have a little unfinished business though, don't we Nico?" The waiter approached our table. "Just the check babygirl." The waiter flushed at his comment and quickly scattered off. Wow.

I knew that Axel was talking about the fact that Nico was a double agent. Thinking back to our mission, I realized that Axel most definitely sounded almost as shocked as I was at the news.

"Jesus, do we have to do this right now Axel?" This was the most fed up I've seen Nico in a while. You could tell that they were close, but I felt like there was just something that I was missing.

"We could do a lot of things right now, hm? Including a threesome if you're up to it Sage." Once again, I rolled my eyes at his lewd comments. Was it possible to know someone more sexual than Nico?

"Mhm, Cut it out Ryder. I am a double agent, and quite frankly, it's none of your goddamn business."

"Aw, you're so nice to your best friend, and only friend if we're being honest here."

"I'll kill you." I quickly covered my mouth at the small laugh that escaped my lips.

"Yeah, I'd like to see you try. Anyways Sage, how do you know Nico?" Axel directed his attention towards me, running one hand through his hair with a seductive look.

"I've been assigned to kill him numerous times, but that didn't work out so well as you can tell." We definitely sounded crazy.

"Yeah, you start fucking instead?" I almost spit out the drink from my mouth, holding a finger to my lips to try to compose myself. 

"Mmm, well now I know where Nico gets his crude humor from."

"We're not dating Ryder, we have just gotten sexual a couple of times." I almost spit out my drink a second time hearing Nico speak.