(11)

A/N Just addressing that I am aware of my typos! I rush into getting chapters out that I only see my mistakes after I publish it. Sorry for any confusion and sorry for the late update!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

I half expected Nico to fight back a little longer, maybe push to stay, but I don't know what I was thinking. My body was more than exhausted as I passed out right away, sprawled out across my bed and my body aching.

***

"Where the hell is Ryder?" Lannister was mad. Ryder was late and today was the day we were planning on heading in. He folded his arms, his eyebrows touching as he looked at all of us individually for an answer. Calvin kept his gaze on Jude and he put his hands to his side as defense.

"Boss, I swear I don't know." Ryder burst through the doors, saving Jude an unnecessary lecture. I checked my watch to see that he was 30 minutes late.

"Care to explain to me why you're late?" Ryder seemed more relaxed than usual, his jaw muscles contracting every time he chewed the gum in his mouth.

"I had to help one of my friends, he's going through a rough time."

"Come speak to me in private." Axel took a deep breath before following Lannister out of the room and leaving the rest of us to continue setting up the mission.

"Alright well, let's change. Their colors are green and black, I bought some outfits for you all. Some of you will be wearing janitorial clothing." Williams handed out each of our outfits.

I opened my bag, pulling out black and green leggings and a green top. Making my way towards the bathroom, I looked down at my feet for a second and ended up bumping harshly into someone from around the sharp corner. Stumbling backwards, I was saved from busting my ass by a firm hand placed on my back.

"Woah, glad I caught you Collins?" The voice belonged to the very easily distinguished Ryder. I hadn't heard a voice filled with so much sarcasm and ego like his. One had was gripping the sides of my waist as he held me in a dipping position. It didn't last for long, but being that close to him I swear I smelled alcohol. It was a strong smell, one hard to ignore when his face was so close to mine. Quickly pulling me up, I adjusted my clothing before looking at him with a confused face.

"Have you been drinking?" Axel's smile faded, rolling his eyes while mumbling words I couldn't quite understand under his breath.

"I drank a little bit with my friend, yes..." Ryder pulled me in close to him, gripping my wrist uncomfortably tight while he tilted his head to the side and clenched his jaw. It was intimidating... I couldn't lie. "but this is going to be our secret, Sage." I nodded my head, a look of suspicion rather than fear painted on my face.

Ryder quickly released his grip, pushing past me and making his way back towards the room. There was definitely more to the story than what he had said, but it wasn't my job to find that out right now. In an odd way, Axel had slightly smelled like Nico and it made me nauseous. Maybe I was starting to have the same sort of fucked up feelings I have with him... with Axel. I shook my head, pushing into the bathroom door and changing into my outfit. It was time to focus on my mission.

All of us were squeezed into a black van, the back spacious enough to fit almost 10 people more. We all had tiny Bluetooth devices imbedded into our ears and the van carried a series of cameras that will be used to keep an eye on each one of us.

Across from me sat Jude who was biting through a chipotle burrito that he had somehow managed to drag along, wiping the sides of his mouth before continuing to devour the food. It was a blessing he was as talented as he was... because I don't think he would make it very far if wasn't. Next to him was Ryder, twisting a toothpick in circles with his tongue as he sat relaxed against his seat.  The rest of the men sat spread out on the two ledges against the side of the van, some fidgeting with their hands, other's sitting perfectly still.