(38)

Sorry for the late update! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

Brace yourself, this chapter is fucking crazy.

***

"It's a little late for that dipshit."

Nico turned his head to the side to let out a sigh and I took the opportunity to charge at him with all of my strength and take that fucking knife out of his hands. I need to get something out of him.

Nico quickly turned around to reclaim the weapon, but I placed it directly on my throat instead.

"What did you lie about?"

This is the first time I had seen genuine fear in Nico for a while. He reached his hand out to stop me, but I only placed the blade harder against my throat. One swift movement of my hand and I could end my life. That wouldn't be too bad of an option at this point.

"Sage, stop being ridiculous please. Hand me the knife." Nico clenched his jaw while staring into my eyes in an attempt to understand what I was trying to do.

"Stop! Tell me what you had supposedly lied about the other day... or were you just trying to trick me again?" Nico sounded depressed when he had opened up the other day. If he was trying to trick me, I seriously do not know what to believe in anymore.

Nico didn't budge, he just continued to look at me like I was acting crazy. Good, a fucking taste of his own medicine. Fine, I could do more. I tilted my hand to the side while wincing before I finally knew that I had drawn blood.

"Sage, Jesus Christ. Stop."

"What are you hiding from me Nico, I'm done with your games... I can't do it anymore."

"Stop. Give me the knife." Nico tore his eyes away from mine as he stuck out his hand in front of him.

I could feel the blood trickling down to the knuckles of my fingers as I ignored his commands. Emotion is what I wanted to see, emotion is what I was currently getting. I had to keep it up.

"Please... just tell me the truth. I'm so sick and tired of your fucked up games, Nico! I don't understand what's going on inside your head, but don't you get it? I'm willing to help-"

"Don't say another word. I don't want to talk about this." Nico was avoiding confrontation as usual. It was less confrontation and more of trying to get him to open up for a brief therapy session.

"I'm willing to help you, I can-"

"Fuck, Sage! I don't need fucking help." Nico slammed his arm against my chest and pinned me against the wall, his face up in mine as he began to breath like a fucking animal. "You think you understand me?"

His arm pressing against mine also made the blade dig deeper into the flesh of my neck. I flinched hard at the brief vision of his hand swinging upwards, but I just felt Nico snatch the blade away from my neck instead.

"You don't understand me." Nico gripped his hand around my neck and pressed his fingers against the fresh cut.

"Then let me fucking understand you..." My breathing was staggered as I watched Nico tear his gaze away from mine with a still clenched jaw.

Before I knew it, he placed a kiss on my cheek, lightly biting on my skin before moving his way up to my lips. His touch was mesmerizing... I couldn't go without it.

Our kiss was always passionate, except this time I felt like it was our last time. Nico's grip was still on my neck as I tried to focus on kissing his soft lips as he tugged at the waistband of my bottoms.