(29)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Nico's hand was placed on the middle of my back as he pushed me into the restaurant with a smirk on his face. That smirk was because he knew he won and he was going to make my life a living hell.

"Now amore, where would you like to sit?" My back was slightly arched in an attempt to rid his hand off of me.

"A booth is fine." My voice was rigid as we followed the waitress and made our way over to our seats.

I took time to examine the restaurant which was nicer than I imagined. Looking down at the clothing on my body, I realized I was more underdressed than I would have liked. As I slid into my seat, Nico placed his clasped hands on top of the table in front of me. This reminded me of the first time we had dinner. My choice to attend changed everything for both him and me.

"What are you thinking about?" Nico was watching me so closely I was almost uncomfortable... which didn't make sense since he has seen me completely naked, but those dark eyes did something to me. Goddamn his dark eyes.

"Nothing."

"Don't be stubborn with me." Nico's hands traveled over to mine, intertwining our fingers together and squeezing hard as he continued to analyze me.

"I'm just thinking about how incredibly dumb it was of me to go on that first dinner with you. Now you have me saying I love you and shit..." I smiled ever so slightly, hoping that Nico wouldn't catch it but I knew better than that.

Nico rolled his eyes, sitting back against his chair so now our fingers were hooked onto each other. "You mean incredibly smart. You know I'm amazing."

"Hm, do I?" The waitress interrupted our thoughts and I experienced deja vu all over again.

Once our food had arrived, we started digging in right away... or I started digging in right away. Its unfortunate being an animal when it comes to eating. Nico didn't start at his food right away, he was too occupied on the phone in between his hands.

"Are you going to eat?" Nico looked up towards me, his fingers still typing furiously. Weird.

"Yes." He took a deep breath, quickly finishing up whatever the hell he was doing and placing his phone right next to him. "I'm just going to use the bathroom real quick."

As Nico got up from his seat, I held my fork and knife in my hands while staring diligently at the phone in front of me. Respect his privacy Sage. I can't be that much of a bitch. Honestly, it wouldn't even be that big of a deal with how stalkerish he is. In order to distract myself, I shoved a large piece of food in my mouth and examined the restaurant.

Across the room, I locked eyes with someone who was staring a little too harshly for my comfort. The guy immediately turned away when he saw me, but I continued to look closely at this person. Dressed in black, shades, mysterious... not a good sign.

I think I had every right to believe that people were after me after what I had done to my cousin. My leg began to bounce up and down as I continued to stress myself out. I didn't have a weapon on me. As I turned my head back towards my food, Nico's phone was still laying in the peaceful position it was in seconds ago. The screen lit up multiple times, indicating he was receiving notifications.

Shit Sage, don't do it. That wasn't helping. Sliding the phone towards me with my finger, I lifted my body up ever so slightly so that I could see the notifications on his screen.

There was a text that read, "I hope you have her under control."

What does that mean? The person who sent the message was labeled as "Boss". Which agency was this for? Was Nico still working as a secret agent? Nico's boss could be talking about anyone. One of his missions, one of his past relationships, me... There's no way they are talking about me. Tilting my head to the side, the person dressed in black was no longer seated in the booth across from us. He was gone. I have to start being more careful.