(41)

A/N To anyone who didn't see my announcement on my page, I'm so sorry for not updating. I've had so much makeup work I have had to complete since the school year is coming to an end. I am still super busy. Thank you for understanding!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

Time stopped.

Those were the only words I could use to describe this dreadful moment. Nico dropped his weapon onto the ground, his mouth hung open as I collected my breath and held tightly onto my stomach.

His face turned pale, similar to mine when I had found out about the news. I knew I felt everything that he was going through. Nico staggered backwards, which is something I should be doing considering my injuries.

One look into his eyes and you could tell that he was scared. I don't know if he was scared of what he had just done... or if he was scared of me, or the child, or my injuries. I couldn't tell you.

"What?" Nico fell silent once again.

"I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant?"

"I'm pregnant!" I spoke with more force this time, trying to back away from unstable Nico.

Instead, Nico grabbed my arm and dragged me towards his body, an action that hurt more than usual with how much I had been thrown around.

Recently, I had become more prepared for when Nico will eventually lay hands on me. It was a bad way of thinking. I had reasoning. I flinched hard at Nico's raised hand, but just like the other day, all he did was hold the back of my head and bring me into a hug. I wasn't sure what he was feeling... I really couldn't tell.

There was a glint of joy in his eyes as his eyebrows moved around in confusion. I didn't want him to be conflicted, I could always get rid of it. "I'm not going to hit you..."

Nico gripped my waist tighter, his head rested on top of mine as I tried to suppress my resurfacing tears. He hurt me... this hurt me. Everything was a mess.  How was I supposed to feel? This may change his emotions, but what about me?

"Sage... why didn't you tell me sooner?" Nico's hands were shaky as he stroked my head. No... I couldn't do this.

Pushing myself off of him, I tried hard to keep my voice smooth. "You would have killed me if I didn't tell you..." I shuddered at the thought of my dead body on this rooftop. What, was he going to throw my body off of the roof afterwards and rule it out as a suicide?

"Sage... please. You have known what I wanted for forever now..." Nico turned my body to face his and stared at my bleeding head. I watched his eyes travel down to my stomach as he sucked in his breath.

He was right... I was more than naive with everything. I didn't have time to think about all of that. I was alive. That's what mattered, right? Nico pulled me tighter and spun me around so that I was away from the edge. Not once did I think a child would be the deciding factor of life or death. Still, my tears were heavy. Too heavy... things started to get blurry as I shut my eyes closed tight.

"Nico... something's wrong." I tried to steady myself in Nico's arm but I could only move my body so little before the weight was too heavy. Soon enough, a wave of coldness swept over me. Shit.

"Shit." Wow, it wasn't a good sign he was repeating my words... and then everything went black.

***

The darkness I felt surrounding me is what woke me up. I was convinced I was in a pitch black room and my mind was far too tired to fight anyone. I swear to god if Nico-