5 (edited)

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow <3

***

My mother slid into the passenger seat, her hand clutching the Valentino bag placed in her lap. I tried to throw as much junk in the backseat before she came in to avoid her very much unappreciated criticism. She let out a sigh before running two fingers along the outside of her hair once again. I grabbed the cigarette pack from my glove compartment, attempting to pull one out before Mary snatched the stick out of my hands.

"Do you want to get yourself killed?" She seethed. 

Yes. I rolled my eyes, training my gaze back to the front of the car as the engine came roaring to life. We exited the parking spot swiftly, one hand in between my lap as I effortlessly turned the steering wheel. I could hear Mary mumbling curse words underneath her breath at my speeding, and at my driving technique.

"Mom, why are you here?"

"What, I can't just spend some time with my lovely daughter?" A smirk escaped my body at her clear lies.

"Your lovely daughter? Mom, please. What do you want?" Mary took another sigh, tilting her head towards me before pursing her lips.

"Your sister is having a wedding and I would like you to come." Nuh uh.

"She's getting married to that fucker?" I swerved harshly into the next lane, my mother clutching the car with both of her hands to steady herself.

"Alice would really appreciate if you went. You are still her sister, Sage." Well, she's a backstabbing bitch. I wasn't going to a wedding that she was marrying my ex in. We had always had an on and off relationship, but it was a new low for her to get with someone from a past relationship of mine, let alone get married.

"No."

"Please hunny?"

"No."

"Sage Collins!" Mary folded her arms into her chest, her gaze on me as I drove like a madman through the streets.

"I'll think about it." I pulled us into a cute restaurant that I knew my mother loved, trying to avoid any more complaining from her yappy mouth. Quickly getting out, I slammed my car door and proceeded to make my way towards the front entrance.

We sat down at a corner table by the window, my mother adjusting herself in the cushioned seat before clearing her throat.

"How's life, my dear?"

"Cut the bullshit mom, we both know you couldn't care less." Harsh, but right. Mary has never cared about my life. That's why she only speaks to me once every 5 months, and only when she wants something out of me. 

Mary intertwined her fingers before placing them down on the table in front of her. "Jesus Christ, Sage. Do you have to be so blunt?"

"Yes, I do." 

A server interrupted our conversation, taking our orders before things fell silent between us. I hated my family. I hated being wealthy, I hated having everything handed to me. It sounds crazy, I know, but they have no drive. There's no passion to want to change the world or do good deeds. I'm changing the world... by murdering people! One less human on earth, I would say I'm doing the world a favor. 

Did you know it's a fact that people with more money have less empathy? Well, my parents are at the point where they have none. My dad is the CEO of The Collins Law Firm, but it wasn't him who created that, it was his father's father. Not only were we rich, we had generational wealth. It was impossible to avoid, and I hated it. As soon as I turned 18, I booked my ass out of the family, moving into a tiny apartment in LA and praying for the best. Lannister took me in when I was 18. He saw me pickpocketing strangers for fun, something I had been doing since I was 9 because of the amount of boredom I had back home.