47

Wooyoung knew his leg was most likely broken with how much it hurt. Having it trapped beneath a giant slab of cement would do that...

But he pushed through it to twist around and start digging Mingi out from the rubble. Yeosang was right next to him pushing and pulling whatever he could.

"Mingi?" Yeosang called out. "Mingi can you hear me?!"

The thief was still a few feet away. From what Wooyoung could see it didn't look like his body was trapped like he had been, there was just a wall of cement pieces in their way.

They worked together until they reached Mingi. Yeosang leaned forward to shake him. "Mingi, Mingi!"

Wooyoung hissed and reached back to grab his right calf. Then he winced. Yup... There was something protruding from the front of his leg just below his knee...

"Are you ok?" Yeosang glanced at him.

"Fine." Wooyoung ground his teeth together before sliding down further to hook his arms under Mingi's shoulders. "Help me pull him out."

Yeosang grabbed Wooyoung around his waist and pulled back with all his strength, dragging both Wooyoung and Mingi with him.

Stones clattered around them from all the movement, and for a moment Wooyoung was worried it would cause the uneasy pile to collapse. Thankfully it didn't and they were able to lay Mingi down next to where Jongho was still laying unconscious.

He was surprised to see Yunho was there too. The driver must have dragged himself over after San had left his side.

There was so much going on, Wooyoung was having a hard time keeping everything straight. But he did know one thing, this leg was going to make him next to useless.

"Stop him!" He heard San yell.

Wooyoung snapped his head to the side and saw Seonghwa dive to tackle his father to the ground. The two of them started to roll around on the floor. Fear for the older sent a rush of adrenaline through Wooyoung and he started to push himself off the ground.

"Where are you going?" Yeosang asked. He gasped and grabbed Wooyoung's hand. "Youngie, your leg! Stop!"

The younger just shook him off and started to hop forward one one leg. He wasn't going to let anything stop him from helping Seonghwa. And he definitely wasn't going to let history repeat itself...

"Wooyoung!" Yunho called after him. His name seemed to echo in the room and because of that, Seonghwa lifted his head up and looked around with wide eyes.

Unfortunately this allowed Mercer to slam his fist into the side of Seonghwa's head, sending him rolling off to the side. There was a look of regret on his face, but he grunted and stood up to survey the room.

"It's no use!" San growled, coming forward holding a few knives in his hands. "There's no way out, it's all collapsed. You've lost!"

Mercer turned slowly to face the man he used to hold prisoner with fire in his eyes. "You can't win. You know this San. I control you. I always have. You're mine!"

"Not anymore!" San stood up straighter and tilted his head back. A dark look crossed his face that Wooyoung recognized from when San truly had been controlled. It was from a time related to the darkest memories of his past and it made him freeze. "You will NEVER control me again!"

Mercer laughed and shook his head. "Oh but I do. I created you! I sculpted you, molded you into the perfect killer. Just because I can't get into your mind right now doesn't mean I don't OWN you."

Wooyoung ground his teeth together and looked down.

His eyes fell right to a handgun poking out from the rubble.