8

The tension was thick, but Yunho refused to give in.

For this stranger to show up and ask what happened to his sister was the last thing he ever expected to happen in his life. And the crazy story he gave about knowing him from a past life was complete bullshit.

"Well?" He said, jerking his gun. "Start talking! I'm not going to ask you again!"

"Yunho, please, just lower the gun and we can talk about this." Mingi kept his hands up with his back pressed against the door.

"No. How do you know my sister?" Yunho growled. He was seconds away from pulling the trigger.

"Because I know you. Or, I knew you. I can prove it to you."

"How?"

"Yuri was different, wasn't she?" Mingi lowered his tone and had a kind look in his eyes that gave Yunho the creeps. And yet he couldn't bring himself to answer.

Memories of his sister started flooding his mind. Her laugh. Her smile. How much she wanted to take care of him. But then they started to be replaced with the bad ones...

Her screams.

Her pain...

"She heard voices, right?" Mingi's voice was almost a whisper now.

"How... How do you know that?"

The corners of Mingi's mouth tilted in a small, sympathetic smile. "Like I said, I know things about you. But I know things are different in this life because of how things have happened. You used to be a cop, and you became one because your sister was murdered, so you wanted to bring justice to her killer."

Yunho felt his jaw drop a little. "M-Murdered? What... What on earth are you talking about?"

"That's not how it happened this time, is it?" Mingi's face fell and he looked at Yunho with so much concern, much more than he would ever give for a stranger. It was disorienting and suddenly Yunho wanted nothing more than to either hug or slap the man.

"No. Yuri wasn't murdered." Yunho croaked out. His throat was suddenly so dry as the images flashed across his mind again. "You're really from a different time?"

Mingi nodded and lowered his hands. "I know it's hard to believe, and I don't have any other way to prove it to you other than what I know about you. I'm sure a lot of that has changed, but your driving skills haven't. They still scare the shit out of me." He started to chuckle and rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"Still? So I was a driver in this... this other life too?" Yunho asked, finally lowering the gun and tilting his head to the side.

"A damn good one too. You used to zip around the city like you owned the place and you lost a couple of tails too when needed."

"Like I did today?"

"Exactly." Mingi smiled. "We could always rely on you, especially Hong-" The smile faded and Mingi looked down at his lap.

The sudden change surprised Yunho. He had always been good at reading people, so as much as he didn't trust it, Mingi definitely believed everything he was saying. But now for him to look like he was in so much pain, Yunho didn't know what to do.

"Sorry." Mingi sighed and let his head fall back against the car window. "For a moment... I almost forgot."

"Forgot what?"

"That he forgot who I am." Mingi sounded like he was in so much pain.

"Who are you talking about?"