𝓒 ᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ 13 | not today

Time never stopped because did it ever?

Alex was sitting in the backseat while Toni drove to wherever she was going. Toni had one of her friends, whom Alex didn't really know, in the passenger seat and Alex sat in the back, not that she minded but just for a bit more leg space, which she needed.

Two weeks flew by after her and Rhea's little incident at the gym and she hasn't seen her since then. Toni apparently said that she didn't want to hang around her since Alex was always going to be there, but whenever she wasn't around, she was ready to do so.

It was obviously expected, yet Toni was upset at that.

She was more upset at Alex than at Rhea's words. The reason being, Alex was in the clear wrong and now, Toni couldn't hang out with both of them due to it.

It wasn't exactly a bad thing but all Toni wanted them to do was to get along, which is what she tried to explain to Alex. She only wanted them to be cordial with one another because she enjoyed spending time with both of them more than spending time with them individually.

And since she was a good friend to both of them, she was hoping they would understand that.

Then, Alex really started to think about it and ultimately, she felt bad for her actions because she literally did the same thing Rhea did to her - made her feel terrible on purpose - and that alone made her a hypocrite.

It wasn't right for her to do and even though, she was unbothered when it was happening, she felt the complete opposite in the end.

Alex got out of her thoughts, fixing her leg that was elevated on the seat beside her before the car came to a stop. It was raining, so the rain had made the windows hard to see through for Alex to see where they were at. She looked around and Toni was talking to her friend, it being random, little conversations.

Then, a couple of minutes after, the car door on the opposite side of her opened and Alex's eyes quickly shifted to the opening of the door, seeing the person look in and of course, it just had to be her.

"Oh hell no, Toni. There's no way you're about to have me sit next to her,"

Toni had turned back, waving her to come in, "Just shut up and get in the car," Alex watched Rhea's hesitant movements, her eyes looking back toward the building behind her before she sucked her teeth and huffed something under her breath before completely opening the car door.

"Lift up your leg," Her attitude was apparent, like always, and Alex obliged without saying a word, lifting it as high as she could, so Rhea can sit down in that seat, in which she did.

"You're so lucky it's pouring or I would've walked back upstairs." She closed the door and Toni had given her a nod as it took her a second to start to drive whilst holding a conversation with her friend.

"So, can I put my leg on you or?" Alex kept her leg up in the air, unsure if she can rest it on Rhea, causing her to look over at her.

She rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders before looking straight forward again, "Do I have a choice?"

Alex kept her eyes on her, still unconfident in putting her leg there and since she had consideration for her, she didn't do it without wanting to know for sure. This is when Rhea gave her a short glance, sucking her teeth once more, before gently grabbing her injured leg and placing it down on her lap - - she least expected that from her.

Seeing her made her feel even more regretful and it made her feel awful.

Alex stood there, looking out the window and sometimes, making short, quick glances at Rhea to just see if she was doing the same - she wasn't but she kept doing so - for however long it was before the car had come to a stop, seemingly being parked, and Toni had turned back to the two women in the back.