3| Behave Like a Good Girl

Little clarification quickly, after reading some of the comments from the last chapter I realized that how we worded it made it sound like multiple of them were calling Enver Princess. Just know that was all Omar, he's the only one that calls her that. And it's just a silly nickname, no specific reason rather than just to bug her.

Sorry for the confusion 😅

"You don't have to watch it if you don't want to," Cash says as he stands up

"You don't have to watch it if you don't want to," Cash says as he stands up. I take his hand and he leads me to the recreation room, where an old television set is displaying the news. I see a photo of me on the screen, along with my name and vague description.

"Enver Williams, age 17, is now reported missing. She was last seen on her way to Melville High School, at 9:40 a.m., Wednesday, March 12. She was wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, and white sneakers. If anyone has seen her, or any suspicious activity, please, report it to the police immediately," reports a news woman, and my heart sinks when I see my dad on the screen.

"Please, if you have my daughter, please, bring her back to me," pleads my father to the camera, "she's all I have left, please," tears flood from my eyes as I bury my face into my hands, and sink down onto the couch.

Someone comes and sits next to me, and strokes my hair. When I look up, I see Quinn beside me. He reaches out and hugs me tightly.

I hug him back, in need of comfort from someone. I shut my eyes, trying to swallow a sob which results in a weird sound coming from my throat. I tune back in when I hear my dad speaking again.

"Sweet pea, if you're watching this please come back home," his voice cracks.

"Turn it off," I say. "Turn it off, please."

Decklin leans over and flips it off. I should have listened to Cash and stayed in the white room.

"I'm so sorry, Princess," Omar whispers. I wish that I could say it's alright, but I know that it's not alright. I was locked in a strange place with eight other strangers, and no idea how to get out. Nothing is alright anymore.

A small cold hand is placed on my arm, I look at Hartley, "Was that your daddy?" She looks up at me with sad questioning eyes. I nod and try to smile but fail. "Do you miss him?"

I nod again, "He's my best friend." I rub my eyes to rid myself of any leftover tears, stand up, and let out a sigh. I can feel their eyes follow me to the door, but I don't care. I take in the fresh forest air, and try to wash away my worries, but they are like wine stains on white carpet.

I sit down on the grass and lean against the wall. I've got to get out of here, I don't know why they want me but there's got to be a way I can escape. There's got to be a flaw in the system.

I was lost in thought, and must have been out there for a few hours. When Omar came out to get me, my thoughts were interrupted. The sky is dark and speckled with twinkling stars. He helped me up and we went to our beds.