36| Marie Holloway

It's been two weeks since Decklins disappearance and the lockdown

It's been two weeks since Decklins disappearance and the lockdown. It's been as quiet as ever, with the exception of Omar. But with all of us slowly getting picked off one by one, I can only wonder who's next and hope there is something I can do to stop it.

It's also been two weeks since I've had any interaction with Holloway. It wasn't until a few hours after I talked to Cash and Omar about Decklin did I realize that Holloway could hear us. Nothing has happened so I've realized that he either doesn't care, or didn't hear our conversation.

I've been doing everything in my will to keep myself away from Holloway. There's things I need to discuss with him, yes, but I keep pushing it to tomorrow's problem over and over again. I don't want to face him, my mind is playing games on me and it's driving me insane.

Holloway is the bad guy, you don't want to talk to him. He is the one that took you away from Dad. That's the mindset I'm trying to keep. I despise him more than anything and there's nothing I feel but hate for him.

I haven't moved all day. My bed has been my sanctuary for the past two weeks. I know everyone has noticed the difference in my behavior, but they assume it's due to the absence of Decklin. They have no clue of the deeper, darker meaning behind my demeanor.

Holloway is like an infectious disease that I cannot find the cure to. He has invaded my mind and taken over my thoughts. It's his cruel way of torture. All day I've laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling whilst thoughts and worries and fears bounce around inside my skull.

Holloway has occupied nearly every part of my brain and it's driving me insane. He knew what he was doing. He knew he was going to get inside my head. My weak, impressionable mind.

I lift my body up off of my mattress, my bones creaking and cracking from disuse all day.

"Jeez, how old are you?" Omar laughs.

"Oh, Omar. I didn't know you were in here,"

"Have been nearly all day. I'm not surprised you didn't notice; you were staring at one spot on the ceiling all day. I thought you were dead at one point."

"Oh," My face is notably stiff, so I shuffle to the bathroom. I turn on the sink and let the cool water pool in my cupped hands and splash it on my face, then pat dry it with a towel. I rest my palms on the edge of the sink and look up at the mirror.

Dark circles rest under my eyes. I look as if I haven't slept in weeks. I push off the sink and walk through the door that leads to the recreation room. I see Taylee at the table with a book, as usual, and Trinity curled up on the couch, a book in hand as well. Cash and Quinn are playing one of the decrepit board games from the rickety book shelf.

I wish there were more people to see here. There are so many questions I want answers to, but I'm not sure how to get them. There is always my usual way of getting answers, but his face is the last I would like to see. I slide past Taylee and slip outside to embrace the sun. The wispy, white clouds float carelessly through the sky. What I would give to be a cloud.