5| It's Your Fault

They take me to yet another unknown room, and shove me through the door

They take me to yet another unknown room, and shove me through the door. This room is very similar to a doctor's office, clean tiles, ugly patterns on ugly chairs.

I take a seat and gaze at the posters on the walls. There's nine in total, each labeled with a different ability and our pictures. I even spot my face. It startles me, and I wonder how they got that picture.

Then I realize it's the same photograph as the one used in the news reports about my disappearance. A man in a white coat walks in, a woman dressed the same follows after him interrupting my stare down with my picture.

It shocks me, she's the first lady I've seen work for Blue Eyes.

They don't say hello or even spare me a glance. They head over to the table with some type of tools, the man mumbles something each time he picks up one of them and the girl writes it down on her clipboard. Finally, they walk over to me, the guy holds a syringe up to my arm but I pull away,

"What are you doing?"

He stares at me for the longest time, "Don't move," is all he says.

"I'm not going to let you do anything to me until you tell me what you're doing."

"We just need some blood tests, sweetie," the lady says. My eyes move to her, she looks to be in her late forties, gray strands are spread through her brown hair.

She gives me a motherly smile and makes me wonder why a sweet lady would be here working for such terrible people. The needle pierced my pale skin, and I wince.

The syringe fills slowly with blood, and my stomach feels queasy and my legs are unsteady and weak. My eyelids grow heavy, but I force them to stay open and stay alert.

The lady doctor places her hand on my other arm, as if she was trying to make me feel better. I scowl at the man as he draws the last bit of blood and pulls the needle from my skin.

He sets the little tub of my blood in a container before grabbing some type of plug, almost like a phone charger. I watch him cautiously as he takes my wrist and plugs the thing into the small slit on my band.

A light turns on the screen placed into the wall, suddenly all statistics pop up. My name is labeled above it and I realize that these are my vitals.

The lady takes her iPad and hits something that changes the small x at the bottom of the screen to a check mark.

I run my eyes over the information, surprised at all the personal things they have about me. Before I can think too much about it the screen turns black again. "What was the check mark for?" I ask as the doctor winds up the cord. He doesn't reply, I look over at the lady but she only gives me a sympathetic smile.

"What was the mark for?!" I repeat myself, angrily. The man's face is shocked, then he glares at me. My eyes soften and I turn to the woman.

"If we could tell you, we would," she said in a startlingly aggressive tone. Her kind face was now stern and harsh, and for some reason, it hurt.