Too Far Gone

Rick's POV

Rick's POV

"You guys gotta see this." Tyreese came roaring from within the tombs that connected the blocks together.

"Can we take a beat? There's something we need to talk about." I expressed without ease, unsure over how Tyreese's reaction would falter.

As soon as Ezra was stable, I took Daryl to one side and told him about Carol. He was angry that I had made the decision while they were gone, but I told him I didn't think it could wait till Tyreese was back and I stand by that. Leading us to here, in the tombs, where we agreed to tell him together.

"It can wait." Tyreese said adamantly. "Come on."

As he walked away from us and into the darkness, I turned my head to share a look of concern with Daryl. I held up my flashlight and rested my grip on the handle of my gun, before trailing after him, with Daryl on my tail.

"Look." Tyreese came to a halt, panting away and shone his light down to the ground along one of the cell doors.

"The hell?" Daryl cursed, making his way around me as we both crouched down to examine what had been discovered.

A rat had been pinned down to a small piece of plywood and cut open, almost like a dissection.

"I was just lookin' for answers, an I found this." Tyreese explained, as my mind wandered to the rats we found along the fencing outside the other day before Bella and Shane led the herd of walkers away. "Same person that killed Karen an David did this. Remember the rats at the fence? They showed up the same day she was killed. We got a psychopath livin' with us."

The use of the word psychopath caused me to shift uncomfortably. I may have sent Carol away but I know why she did what she did. It was wrong, far over crossing that line, but the reasoning was there. She just wanted to protect everyone else.

"Tyreese—"

"We gotta find him, Rick." He continued, staring fiercely into my eyes. "An I'm not gonna sleep until we do."

"Tyreese, whoever did this- I don't think that's who killed Karen." I expressed, raising my eyebrows slightly.

"Why?" He questioned, picking up on my wariness.

Just as I was about to explain everything I had discovered these past twenty four hours, an almighty explosion erupted through the prison.

"Come on!" I ordered, shining the flashlight back up through the tombs and leading the way outside.

As we met the blaring sun, I turned off the light and threw it to the side of the door. Everyone had already gathered around the gate that led into the fielded part of the yard.

"Get back!" I yelled, running as fast as I could to get into view of whatever caused the blast.

That's when I saw him, and my entire being filled with fury.