Sing Me A Song

"Simons' there with 'em now

"Simons' there with 'em now. He'll set shit straight, or he won't, an then someone'll get the chop. You know what I mean?" Negan laughed, grinning widely as he made a scissoring motion with his leather gloved hand.

"You think Simon is the right one to handle Gregory?" Bella questioned.

Her brother chewed on his lower lip, watching her closely. "You think you could do better?"

"I know I would get it done... permanently." The alpha female of the Grimes family cocked a brow, narrowing her eyes slightly. "Simon is a temporary fix till the next best deal comes along. You know that, so why waste time, an life, when you can make use of it."

"You know, that all sounds well an good but when it comes from someone who tried to kill you only a few nights ago, it's a little hard to take to." Negan murmured.

"That's how you know I'll get the job done." Bella weaved her web before him as he leant back in his leather sofa, watching her intensely, trying to pick apart her intentions. "If I'm gonna be here an a part of what you've built, you're gonna have to trust me."

"Trust is to be earned—"

"Then let me earn it." She pressed, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees. "I have told you everything. I got you back Primo. I betrayed my people... for you, because you are my brother. We all have choices, I made mine jus' like you made yours. Let me go to the Hilltop, let me see this through for you."

"Alright, I'm choosin' to trust you with this, but if I find out you're playin' the sides like a god damn fiddle, you know what'll happen." He threatened, to which his sister nodded in understanding. "And Ana,-" He halted her as she rose from the chair opposite him. "-Simon might bark a little over me sendin' you, don't bite back. I'll handle him."

Nodding again, she left his room and headed down the hallway to her own space, or the space that had been granted to her at least. The cold, dreary room felt more like a prison cell to her than anything else. Negan had tried to make it, somewhat, homely, but there had only ever been one home in Bella's heart.

Since arriving back to the Sanctuary after raiding Alexandria, drying it from its riches, Bella hadn't been able to stop thinking of his eyes. The way her husband looked at her when it all unfolded. The confliction and heightened fear that Rick Grimes had been withholding, as much as he had tried not to show it. Bella had made her choice and she knew how it would look to others, which may or may not be exactly what she wants.

For Bella, the hardest part of going back to Alexandria was being so close to her kids and not being granted authority to even acknowledge them. Under Negan's orders, she wasn't to speak to anyone. But she wasn't alone anymore... "Kai." Bella called across her room, shutting the door behind her as she geared up for her journey back to the Hilltop. The loyal wolf padded his heavy paws across the hard floor, making his way to the mighty warrior who had raised him. She smiled weakly at the newborn before attaching his armour around him and suiting herself up.